Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Viz needs to burn.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been going with "Yoroshiku" fansubs. The series is pretty sweet, only the first five episodes have been subbed as far as i know though.
I see my avatar and sig are doing their job. Wink :p

I got mine from Shinsen-Subs but they've only subbed 3 eps so far. The good thing about Shinsen-Subs is you can get the episodes encoded with h264. I compared the regular release with the h264 one and the difference in quality is huge. The one encoded with h264 is much clearer, smoother, and much more detailed.
vegeta76 Wrote:Yay for death note!

Did you know they're making a live-action movie? You can see a teaser on the official website ( http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/deathnote/ ). The site's in Japanese but just click on the monitor to your right and you'll be able to watch it. And there's another teaser on Youtube.com. But honestly, they don't really show much these teasers.
Cidien Wrote:Those fucking bastards at Viz just basically stole my $15 ... Goddamn i'm mad.

I don't blame you for being pissed. I rented that Naruto DVD and it was awful. (The dub made my ears want to vomit.) I could've easily bought it myself, and would've been totally POed. In any case, after reading your post, I went to the VIZ website, clicked on their FAQs, and ended up at: http://www.cinderblock.com/faq.html

There, they stated the return policy permitted returns for any reason within 30 days as long as the item was in resellable shape. At first I thought this meant they'd take back unsealed DVDs that were in mint shape (!). But because that seemed too good, I checked the policy again, and down farther, they say DVDs are supposed to still be sealed. Rats. (Of course, that's typical, but ...)

Even though that's the policy, you might try getting Viz's contact info, and emailing them with your complaints. I'd be calm, argue the case clearly and succintly, and ask if they'll at least be agreeable to exchanging what you bought for the August release when it comes out. Mention you're a serious anime fan, buy a lot of anime, whatever, and are very disappointed with their product. Present yourself as a customer they would want to keep. (I mean, it's the truth, right?) If they give you trouble the first time, try again. Be sure to emphasize that it's not currently the norm to release anime dvds without a Japanese track and that the product was insufficiently labeled.

You never know. It's a longshot, but once a friend of mine got burnt by the Essex House in NYC (bad experience staying there); so I told her, screw that. Write to them and ask them to make it up you. She did, and got equivalent nights free in a top-grade room with a bunch of amenities tacked on.

In any case, yeah, Viz sure needs to burn; but maybe you can fight to keep from getting burned by Viz. Big Grin Of course, it's also possible you'll get nowhere ... Sad (Hope not.)
I'll probably just sell it on ebay. Checked before I went to check best buy and I didn't see a single on being auctioned. Sure it shouldn't be hard to get near my money back. Just gotta actually auction it. Hate making auctions for thigns worth less than $25-30.
Good idea ... Smile
I hope they do the Death Note movie like they did Uzumaki or Ichi the Killer.
Cidien Wrote:I'll probably just sell it on ebay. Checked before I went to check best buy and I didn't see a single on being auctioned. Sure it shouldn't be hard to get near my money back. Just gotta actually auction it. Hate making auctions for thigns worth less than $25-30.
Same for me. After paying ebay fee, paypal fee, shippping and packing cost, there isn't much left for under $25 item.
beboprules Wrote:Same for me. After paying ebay fee, paypal fee, shippping and packing cost, there isn't much left for under $25 item.

Yup exactly why I don't try to sell things I don't watch on E-Bay.
Pages: 1 2