Import Anime Forums

Full Version: New .Hack anime and other new anime series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wanted to let you know there's a new .Hack anime in town, .Hack//Roots. First episode aired last wednesday. It has yet to be fansubbed but za warudo fansubbers have already released a promo that can fe found here: http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/773.html
Apparently Shinsen-Subs also showed an interest in this series.

Quote:Plot Summary: In 2015, CC Corporation`s datacenter caught on fire destroying "The World". By splicing in data from what would have been another project, CC Corp. was able to rebuild the game. In 2016, "The World R:2" was released. .hack//Roots covers the time Haseo spent with Shino and Ovan in the guild known as the Twilight Brigade, before the .hack//G.U. PS2 games.

There's another anime named Ergo Proxy (from the creators of Witch Hunter Robin and Samurai Champloo) that began airing in Japan in February and looks absolutely fabulous. In fact, as far as looks go it's among the best I've seen. I'm downloading episodes 1 to 3 at the moment (Shinsen-Subs) but if anyone wants to take a look at the trailer (and drool all over the screen) go here: http://www.ergoproxy.com/trailer/index.html

Quote:Plot Summary: In a world where humans and androids, known as autoraves, live in relative peace, there exists a domed city named "Romudo". Under the implementation of complete management control, it is a paradise where feelings are literally discarded, and the governing council dictates the way of life the citizens should live. But this utopian landscape is soon broken by a series of mystifying murders. Lir Mayer, a female inspector from the Citizen Information Bureau, along with her autorave partner Iggy, are tasked to solve the murder cases. She is soon attacked by a creature drawn to her which is neither human nor android, and learns about the mysterious phenomena called "Awakening", an event which draws her further into the case...and to the world beyond the limits of Romudo.

Those who are fans of CLAMP's works (and those who are not) might want to check out XXXHolic. The first episode is already subtitled, courtesy of Shinsen-Subs.

Quote:Plot Summary: Kimihiro Watanuki is a young boy with a cursed gift. He has the ability to see evil spirits, and somehow they seem attracted to himself. One day he meets a misterious woman who names herself Yuuko. She claims to have the means to end his torment, but she never works for free, and she wouldn't help him until he works for her enough to pay for her services. Thus he starts to work in her shop and discovers that in that place, nothing is what it seems.

And now, for the cherry in my cake Big Grin we have Nana the anime! Some have you might have noticed already I have a thing for Nana. In fact, if there's anything I'm otaku about is Nana. I've been buying the manga for years, I have the special edition dvd (without english subtitles), cds, necklaces, cell phone strap, fan book, art book, etc. And now the anime version is finally here. Live-Evil have subbed the first episode and I can tell you first hand that it's really good and does the manga justice.
I know, I know, it's shoujo anime and you don't really go for shoujo. I don't either, believe me, but Nana is on a whole new level. The numbers speak for themselves. About 34.5 million copies of the manga have been sold (15 volumes so far) making it the best selling shoujo manga of all times. In it's first week of sales, both the "Standard Edition" and the "Special Edition" of the DVDs made it into the TOP 5. The "Standard Edition" alone sold 54,000 copies, while the "Special Edition" DVD sold 46,000 copies. And these numbers are just first week sales! On March 30th, Oricon Style announced Ai Yazawa and Nana as the winners of the "Greatest Mangaka" title in the 'all-genders' category, and the "Greatest Shoujo Manga" title, respectively.
Unlike most shoujo, Nana is extremely realistic, for better or worse, which is one of the reasons why so many people like it. Lots of punk and rock music help set the perfect mood.

Quote:Plot Summary: On board the train to Tokyo to meet her boyfriend Shoji, Nana Komatsu ("Hachi") happened to sit beside Nana Osaki who was traveling to Tokyo to fulfill her dreams of becoming a musician. The vocalist for her punk band "Blast", Nana aims for a major debut for "Blast" in Tokyo where her boyfriend, Ren, is the guitarist for a popular band "Trapnest". Sharing the same name "Nana", both girls quickly form a bond of friendship. Their paths cross again when they encounter each other while searching for accomodation in Tokyo. Eventually they decide to live together in the same unit and this further strengthens their bondage as the two "Nana(s)" go through their love lives and career.
the nana live action subbed dvd has been surfacing around, im sure it will become abundant soon Smile

B
Thanks for the info but I've already watched it. I began downloading it a few hours after it became available, weeks ago! I could've waited for an english subtitled version of the dvd (chinese edition with english subs will be on sale this month) but I just couldn't help myself. I had to have the original special edition! Big Grin
Hey Andromeda is the manga of Nana finished yet? (in japan) Or is it still on-going?
Thanks Andromeda! yay for new anime. I think Ergo might have been liscensed, I don't see it on the Animesuki website or on Shinsen's list. Oh well, not a problem: to baka-updates we go!
dailyplanet Wrote:Thanks Andromeda! yay for new anime. I think Ergo might have been liscensed, I don't see it on the Animesuki website or on Shinsen's list. Oh well, not a problem: to baka-updates we go!

Ergo was licensed by Geneon but that didn't stop the fansubbers. :p Afterall, the anime began airing in February but it's been licensed by Geneon for a lot longer than that. You can't find it on animesuki but it is on Shinsen's website, specifically here: http://shinsen.b33r.net/
I watched 2 of the 3 available episodes last night and I have to say I'm really hyped. Visually speaking it's stunning and the story also seems quite good. I can't say much about the story yet, since I've only watched 2 episodes, but those who have a problem with series whose first episodes are slow paced and episodic will most certainly like this series. Some series, like Witch Hunter Robin, take their time with character development before moving on to the main plot itself but Ergo Proxy manages to do both at once, and very well I might add.

I've also watched XXXHolic 1 and as someone who's been reading the manga I have to say I'm rather pleased. The anime retains the mysterious atmosphere of the manga while being quite amusing at the same time (as it is supposed to be). It can be found here: http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/ or on animesuki.

I also have news on .Hack//Roots. Another fansub group, other than wa zarudo, has already released the 1st episode. Unfortunately their tracker seems to be down at the moment. Anyway, you can find it on animesuki.

Shinsen-Subs released today another promo, of an anime named Tokko. The promo doesn't show much, and I don't find the story particularly appealing but 2 little words make me want to give it a chance: Toru Fujisawa. Tokko is based on the manga by the same name created by Toru Fujisawa and since I love both GTO and Shonan Junai Gumi I have to take a look at this new series. Whoever's interested can find the promo here: http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/

Quote:Plot Summary: Shindou Ranmaru has just become a new investigator for Tokko: The Special Mobile Investigation Force. On the day of his graduation, he finally sees the half-naked girl that he had seen in his dreams in real life, Rokujo Sakura, and finds out that she's part of Tokko: The Special Public Safety Task Force. Shindou ends up joining Tokko to avenge his parents' death whose bodies had been ripped to pieces along with others in a mysterious mass murder case in the rural town of Machida five years ago. The problem is, the murderers aren't human, and they are also after him...
animeshop Wrote:Hey Andromeda is the manga of Nana finished yet? (in japan) Or is it still on-going?

The manga is still on-going. 15 volumes have been released in Japan so far but it's not over yet. On the internet you can find up to chapter 48 (volume 13) here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nana_takoyakis/
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Ergo was licensed by Geneon but that didn't stop the fansubbers. :p Afterall, the anime began airing in February but it's been licensed by Geneon for a lot longer than that. You can't find it on animesuki but it is on Shinsen's website, specifically here: http://shinsen.b33r.net/

I figured as much. I love baka-updates because they give you a complete list of torrents for any anime series (licensed or unlicensed). Currently downloading 1-3 of Ergo and 1 of xxxHOLIC. Big Grin

Oh, and if you haven't already heard, give Yakitate Japan! a try. It's a great series.
Ergo Proxy reminds me A LOT of witch hunter robin. The pacing, the characters, etc. Which is probably why i enjoy it so much. Not to mention, the ending theme is by Radiohead Tongue

Also, another series you left off the list, is Disgaea. Pretty 'cutesy', but for fans of the game it's fantastic.
dailyplanet Wrote:I figured as much. I love baka-updates because they give you a complete list of torrents for any anime series (licensed or unlicensed). Currently downloading 1-3 of Ergo and 1 of xxxHOLIC. Big Grin

Oh, and if you haven't already heard, give Yakitate Japan! a try. It's a great series.

My boyfriend's been downloading Yakitate Japan!. I have to give it a try one of these days. Actually, I have to give so many things a try. Big Grin

desfunk Wrote:Ergo Proxy reminds me A LOT of witch hunter robin.

That's probably because Ergo Proxy is from the makers of Witch Hunter Robin. Wink But you're right, it reminds me of WHR as well. Although, WHR was one of those series whose first 9 or 10 episodes were rather episodic (not that I dislike it) while Ergo Proxy is nothing of the sort.

Anyway, za warudo fansubbers have released the 1st ep of .Hack//Root AND their tracker's okay. They released a h264 version and a XviD version.
I've been watching Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya". It seems like my favorite of the new season so far. The first episode was really unique in how they presented it, and the second episode seems to be moving the series in an even weirder direction, I keep watching just to see what happens next. (Oh yeah, anime bunny girls and combat waitresses from the future in the first episode Big Grin ...) Just make sure you watch the first TWO episodes, some people are getting confused about the meaning of the first episode. :confused:

Quote:Based on Nagaru Tanigawa`s "Suzumiya Haruhi" series of novels.

A far from ordinary school story starts here!

This is a story of Suzumiya Haruhi, who upon enrollment at school announced "I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, beings from the future, or super-humans, come see me. That is all!"

Naturally, any normal person would think "What the...?", but Haruhi is dead serious. Things get crazy when everyone realizes just how serious she is about it all and establishes the "SOS Dan".

Suzumiya Haruhi is a good-looking high school girl who has a clear head, haughty personality and very egocentric thought. She has an unimaginably tremendous power to change the world, but she is totally unaware of her own power and so she is also unaware of the effect of her power on the outside world.

A delightfully strange, yet marvelously interesting story!

From anidb.net

I'm also keeping an eye on two Geneon titles, Soul Link and Disgaea. Soul Link seems slow but seems to be building up to a high tension atmosphere, and Disgaea is... amusing.
I've always wanted to know what the craze about Nana was, its seemed to me like the usual shoujo story. I got the first manga and started reading, found it a bit boring (typical girl wants boyfriend etc.. etc..) Then I stopped reading about half way as I was distracted by other things. Then I recently watched the movie.... and WOW.

I was hooked, great music, great acting, great everything. I love the actresses in the movie - both the cutesy Nana (shes so bubbly you just gotta love her) and the ever so cool punk Nana. Now I've read the first 2 available mangas sold here, and I'll be reading the scans.

Thanks Andromeda, I'm hooked. (Now to find some places to get Nana necklaces Wink

Oh and I was so happy to hear they are making a Nana movie sequel, I don't think I can wait till next yr to watch it tho Sad
I told you it was good! Wink
I'm the first person in line when it comes to frown upon shoujo, I usually only read somewhat different types of shoujo like Basara and Red River that are epical or Angel Sanctuary that's dark and gothic (finished it a long time ago though). Nana is fabulous! The more you read/watch the more you get hooked. I think the main reason for this is the fact that Ai Yazawa keeps it very real. You'll notice as you keep on reading that for better or worse she tries to keep it as realistic as possible. She did the same with Paradise Kiss which is why the ending didn't please a lot of people (no "and they lived happily ever after").
Anyway, you can find lots of cool things on ebay. I bought an art book, the Love For Nana CD, a couple of necklaces (Ren's locket) and a cool cell phone strap on ebay for practicaly nothing. At the moment I have my eyes set on the silver armour ring Nana wears. I really want that ring and I mean the original Vivienne Westwood one. However, it costs £150 so I don't think I'm buying it just yet. :p You can find that ring and other Nana necklaces here but they're all original VW so they're not cheap.
Oh, and don't forget to watch the anime. Wink

By the way, don't you just love Hiroki Narimiya (the guy that played Nobu in the movie)? That man is hot! Been a fan since I saw him on Kagen no Tsuki (based on another Yazawa manga). Wink
Yeh I really wanted the ring too, I saw some of the necklaces as well but didn't really want to wear a lock around my neck lol. I'm not really sure what everyones fascination with the actor that played nobu - hes funny, but I don't think hes hot. The guy that played Shin wasn't bad - but for the first time I wasn't watching the movie to look out for 'eye candy' but actually engulfed into the story and the characters lives.

Also, I thought there was a thing between Nobu and Shin in the film, I was trying to figure out if either of them were gay (or just into eachother). Tried to google it too, and found a funny transcript from part of the manga.

[COLOR="Navy"]Shin(he just got his trademark lip ring >) : Just as I thought getting a lip pierce makes it hard to eat

Hachi: Shin-chan, I was thinking that everyday the number of pierces you have increase, but to think that you went that far..your pretty face...it'll probably be hard to kiss with that

Nana: Ahahaha

Shin: No, that wasn't hard.

Hachi/Nana: O_O

Nana: Shin! Who did you kiss?! Nobu?!

Shin: Eh? Nobu is interested in that sort of thing? (I have to be careful)

Hachi: Is that true?!

Nana: No, but I thought this guy was like that *points at shin

Shin: I'm straight. (people make mistakes alot though)

Hachi: ...................*sweatdrops* [/COLOR]
Oh and I love the Endless story song, and the main Trapnest song (Nana's ringtone) and that glamorous days? one too. I must get the album now Smile
Pages: 1 2