Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Suncoast Video closings -- DVD deals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't know if it's a nationwide thing or not, but Suncoast Video is closing at least some of their stores. Here in Pinellas County (FL), we had two Suncoast locations -- at Countryside Mall and at Tyrone Square. The Countryside location closed in February -- apparently without notice. The Tyrone location is now in the process of closing, and has taken a 25% discount on most of their items -- anime included.

Suncoast, though they were on the pricey side, had a great selection of anime, plus some anime soundtracks and Japanese snack food. Best Buy (notorious for only selling the first DVD of some anime series) and FYE doesn't have the same selection or variety as Suncoast.

Looks like Animenation's the only game in town, and now I have to make a list before I visit them (they removed the "browsing" area at their Tampa HQ the last couple of months).

Any other Suncoasts closing?
I hope so. All those overpriced stores have closed in fargo. Sam goody went a while ago and media play closed a few months ago. Those places are bs. At media play even 50% off items were often STILL cheaper to buy at best buy.

Also around here our best buy has a great selection of anime.
Same here. Sam Goody's closed. But even at 50% off their stuff was decent at best.
Good ridence

I never liked that overpriced video shack
Well it better no close in my hometown, else we won't have anywherer to buy anime.
yeah i went to sam goody and it was like buy one cd get the second at half price and i thought well i normally pay about 15 dollars per cd maybe a few dollars cheaper then i noticed that sam goody's cd's were 30 dollars so i was like WTF
I went to a Sam Goody in Temecula and their prices werer 80-90% off. All the CDs were mixed together though and I couln't find any Black Sabbath or anything.
It looked like they were pretty much closing all of them.
Yeah, they're closing here in NJ an in Philly as well. Hmm.. wonder if I can get deals on their website.
Doubt it. Like I said even at %50 off many things you can still get cheaper at a best buy.
I believe I was told that the sun coast nearest here went out of business. Which so did the Hot Topic XD