Import Anime Forums

Full Version: VideoGame Talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm bored and just felt like talking about stuff. I am also very tired and stressed out so excuse grammar and structure mistakes.

Twilight princess is delayed till fall06, but still on the cube, at this point put it on the rev.
Whats the deal with nintendo, I dont think they learnt from sega about a flooded market. Whats the point of the gbmicro and the dslite, well there is none cause the gbasp and the ds are fine the way they are.

companys are dropping umd movies cause they are not selling at all, big surprise!!
psp's, ds's and current ps2 and xbox systems as well as games are still ouselling everythng on the 360 , M$ f***n sucks at launching, the Japan launch for the 360 was worse than the origial xbox.

All the bs talk jay alerd made all went down the crapper man he looks like the biggest dousche right now.
If sony and nintendo can launch reasonably well and this year M$ will be buried.
UMD movies sold really well when they first came out. Then every other company out there decided to cash in on it and when you suddenly flood with market with 50x more movies than there were before obviously less of them are going to sell.
Well, the fact that you can just buy a movie on DVD and then convert it to MPEG4 and play it on the PSP probably doesn't help either.
geo85 Wrote:If sony and nintendo can launch reasonably well and this year M$ will be buried.

I don't see it happening but I would be happy if it did.
Puppet Master Wrote:I don't see it happening but I would be happy if it did.
I second this.
I am sure as hell buying the Rev when it comes out. But i doubt i will buy the ps3 for a long time. Its weird this gen of consoles i am not looking forward to much at all.. Well except to download and play old games on the Rev. I mean get to play some of the original games on the genesis and TG16 on the Rev.!
On a random note.I won every m$ published game for a year last week.Got 3 sofar and doa4 gets released here in 2 weeks so ill be getting that as well.I wish i knew what i was getting for the year.I take it some pal releases are published differently as well, cause i didnt think doa was published by m$.
Zelda keeps getting delayed because the game isn't finished yet. The question is, would you rather have a rushed sub-par game? Or a game that has had YEARS put into it, and just oozes quality (take Final Fantasy XII for example. That game took like 3+ years to finish if i'm not mistaken).

As for it coming out around the same time as the Revolutions launch. I see that as a VERY good thing. Especially with the controller being compatible with the game. That ways, some people will go out and buy a revolution, and probably pick up Zelda as their first game for it (since it can play gamecube games)

As for UMD movies. The only way they'll bring any form of life back into them, is if they make a player that lets you watch them on your tv as well. Yes, that almost seems kinda useless, since you could just BUY the regular dvd (which will look better as well). But at least it gives people the option if they want to just buy the PSP version, if they use theirs a lot.

I've heard that MS plans to launch the 360 a SECOND TIME in Japan. In hopes of getting more people to jump onboard. Now that DOA4 is finally out, they hope that will help matters.

As for the DS Lite, GBMicro, etc. We all have known for ages now, that Nintendo is just never happy with their portable systems. They always want to keep doing more and more to them. The GBMicro is an example of ideas gone wrong. Everything about that thing is just stupid. I've heard many people complain about totally f'ing up their hands on that thing. The DS Lite on the other hand has MANY features that make it worthwhile. Smaller/lighter design, brighter screen, etc. All things that the SP had when they released it over the normal advance. Yes, they COULD just do that right from the start, but they probably don't know HOW to do these things, and would rather stick with a more solid design at first.
Now I am starting to think nintendo botched and should have just aimed zelda for the rev because that way they would have much more disc space and power to create their game it seems pointless to maintain a cube format at this stage.

The ds is not very large, its smaller than the game gear and quite slim considering it flips open, its also not very heavy, there is no need to make it smaller. More than one backlight setting seems tacked on, and now the mic is between the screens which means when you blow in the mic youll be blowing air and dust and light spittle onto your ds screens unless you press it against your mouth. when they went from the gba to the sp that was a logical progression of technologiacl advancement the ds lite is simply lighter.

I can easily put my ds in my back jeans pocket
i dont follow the whole zelda crew, so i cant comment on that...i will say i cant wait untill the rev comes out...i could care less about downloading old games, i have emulators, a good game pad and tv out for that...what gets me is the controller system, at first i thought it was the gayist thing ever, then i realized that it would make for the best FPS experiance available...i love my keyboard and mouse for FPS, but if they make a USB version for the comp, i will pick it up same day!

about the umd's...who the hell will pay more for a movie that can only be viewed using the psp, when you can buy the "real" movie change the format and watch it on either system. I have a friend who bought a umd movie...i wont let the bastered live it down! What they should have done was reworked there system...instead of charging the same price, to 5 bucks more for the umd...they should have come out with pakage deals...the regual dvd for 20, and the movie + the umd for 30...i would have burned through quite a bit of extra cash on those things then

as for the new console war, someone said somthing about it not being as exciting as it was last time...here are two reasons why this is...first i think that right now the graphics arnt that much of an improve ment from last gen, but keep in mind the ps2's launch graphics and how they are now, and secondly we are much older...i find it hard to keep interest in games for much more then a couple of hours a week...maybe 5-8 max...a drastic decline from when i was 16 when i played roughly 20 hours a week
I used to pack in 30hrs easy on games now its maybe 4-6 and thats if im in the mood.