Import Anime Forums

Full Version: WoW
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
havent been on these forums in quite a while, however i have some spare time right now, so i was wondering if anyone has World of Warcraft and what realms they play on. I know threads like this probaly already existed but like i stated before, havent been on forums in a while.

Gto level 60 tauren druid on destromath.
Well, just going to say that i'm waiting for Vanguard: Sage of Heroes to get back into the MMO scene. My last one was Knights Online like 3 years ago...
yukimoritenchen Wrote:havent been on these forums in quite a while, however i have some spare time right now, so i was wondering if anyone has World of Warcraft and what realms they play on. I know threads like this probaly already existed but like i stated before, havent been on forums in a while.

Gto level 60 tauren druid on destromath.
i am currently playing on Thunderlord (PVP) and have a 60 Gnome Mage and 57 Dwarf Priest..
stormscale ftw! i got a 60 ne rogue, 60 ne hunter and 38 human priest....i leave the horde to my brother
Homeless Joe Wrote:stormscale ftw! i got a 60 ne rogue, 60 ne hunter and 38 human priest....i leave the horde to my brother

n00b. beat u in a duel ne day.
So I have a 128 mb GEforce fx 5800. Can it run Wow? (the rest of my pc is surely up to spec).

And someone said something about a free trial not to long ago. Can i try out the game somewhere for free for a few weeks?

And I haven't played games on a pc since red alert. Would it take me long to figure out how to control it and how mmorpg's work?

I got to see what keeps 6 million people of the streets. I've never seen someone play this game.
I actually belive that your system can play it. I have a radion 9600 in my Mac Mini and it can run WoW. Also the play for free is if you have a friend that has the disc and a friends code. they let you install it and then you use your friend code to register a free account for 10 days. I think i still have mine if you would want it. But you would have to find somewhere to download the game..
The only thing you really need to run wow flawlessly is memory. One of my friends has a factory crap vid card with 1 gig ram and it runs as well as my 6800gt does.

I have a 55 NE hunter. I'd be 60 a long time ago but I pvp a lot lol. I play on emerald dream (rp-pvp) I don't especially like to rp but it is very nice to play on a server where retarded names like stinkypants aren't allowed. I keep getting screwed on rank advancement though. Last week I had 4x as much honor as one of my guildmates who was the same rank as me almost exactly. We advanced almost exactly as much. It was gay. This week I didn't even advance a rank. I'm like 1/20 to knight lieutenant. =/ 9k hks and only a knight lol.
Cool. How long does that trial last?

And will it be hard for me to learn? I've never played an mmorpg so don't have a clue how it works and what you will have to do. Can you do quests on your own to learn how it works or do you have to be in a group? Is there a tutorial? Offline exploration?
You'll figure it out. WoW is the easiest to use mmorpg that i've ever played. Just make sure you don't start on a pve server. Those are incredibly boring and gay. I'm surprised so many people actually play on those.
Cidien,
Honor points are capped in a week. and you can't gain more then 1 rank per week except from going to corperal directly. Thats why you both gained at the same time.

And i bet your friend computer couldn't play the game at 1600x1200 with the quality of detail that i am running it with my 7800gt ;o) for good info about teh HP system check out http://www.wowwiki.com
I also don't think he cares. =P WoW isn't a game where I care very much if it looks great. Just like everquest. I didn't really care when they updated the graphics. Sure it was nice, but in a mmorpg graphics aren't that important.

And the rank thing blows. It's retarded you can't get more than 1 rank. I havn't found anywhere it states you can only gain one rank but I figured that's what it had to be. Blizzard is just so stupid it pisses me off. So what if I advance more than one rank? I did more goddamn work I should advance more. Just like their open pvp decisions. You can't open pvp very long because after a while it just getting annoying waiting 2,3 even 5 minutes just to rez and fight again for a minute.
Cidien Wrote:I also don't think he cares. =P WoW isn't a game where I care very much if it looks great. Just like everquest. I didn't really care when they updated the graphics. Sure it was nice, but in a mmorpg graphics aren't that important.

And the rank thing blows. It's retarded you can't get more than 1 rank. I havn't found anywhere it states you can only gain one rank but I figured that's what it had to be. Blizzard is just so stupid it pisses me off. So what if I advance more than one rank? I did more goddamn work I should advance more. Just like their open pvp decisions. You can't open pvp very long because after a while it just getting annoying waiting 2,3 even 5 minutes just to rez and fight again for a minute.
Well its capped per level. So basically you can't get a lvl 19 char to Rank 13 in the pvp system. You have a cap per level and when you get to a certain point the decay is more then your cap you won't gain rank.. like i said check wowwiki.com
I have a 60 mage on Frostwolf.
Well since this topics brought up again I have a lvl 20 orc warrior on executus one of the new servers. Got really tired of being pwned in AV. Played about 20 matches and won one. If shamans didn't make it unbalanced enough the alliance side of the map is so insanely easy to take over compared to the horde the devs should be slapped for claiming there's nothing wrong with av. Blizzard loves them thier hordies.
Pages: 1 2