Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Xbox to 360
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was very lucky this Christmas and was given a Xbox 360 as a gift. Funny thing is I didnt really ask for it, partly because I didnt think I would get one due to the laws of supply and demand. Anyway. I was wondering if there is a way to transfer saved data from Xbox to the 360 with out using a memory card. Yes, I did get the complete system. Well, if any one has any info that could help please post here. Thanks in advance. Peace
No. Using a memory card doesn't work either. Nothing works, my friend and I have tried quite a few ways. It's gay.
Is there much point? Isnt bc broken so far.
That is freaking gay. Xbox has kinda F'ed up there second gen system a little. I mean what is the point of having some of the systems backwards compatable and some not. And I also dont understand the downgrade on the memory system. One of the big things bout Xbox was the huge, built-in hard drive. Now the hard drive is considerablely smaller and separate. But you all probably know that. Just a few things Microsoft shoulda done different, I guess. Thnx guys.
Well I think nintnedo has a chance to capitalize on this, M$ 360 launch and sales stink and have been wrought with burnt and shorted out systems and poor backwards support. Sonys psp launch and sales also stank.
Nintendos gba and ds sales are still steady and strong even if the cube fell short it did enough to keep nintnedo going. I think if they do a fantastic job with the rev and its launch they can step ahead of M$ in a big way, you dont hear about rampant glitches with nintendos launches and systems.
and revolution will be able to play old Genisis games too now!!!!
Sweet. There's not a whole lotta genesis games i'd wanna get that aren't on the snes but sonic the shining series and vectorman would be cool to play on the revo.
Schultz Wrote:and revolution will be able to play old Genisis games too now!!!!

Don't forget Turbo Grafx and TurboDuo/CD. Can anyone say Rondo of Blood? *glee*

Anyways, according to what's going on in the land of xbox hacks and whatnot. I believe there IS a group who has figured out how to transfer saves and whatnot from your old system. But since i don't have a 360, i've never fully looked into it. I DO believe such a program exists though.
Its been hacked. They found a way to rewrite the firmware of the dvd drive so it sees dvd-r's as real discs. But to do it you need to open up the 360 and have special hardware that will let you rewrite certain codes on the chip. Check xbox-scene if you want to know more. Won't be long till its chipped.

Quote:. One of the big things bout Xbox was the huge, built-in hard drive. Now the hard drive is considerablely smaller and separate.

Actually the original xbox drive is only 10 gig with I think only 7 available for your own stuff. The 360 HD is 20 gig. with 13 available for your own stuff.

Quote:Well I think nintnedo has a chance to capitalize on this, M$ 360 launch and sales stink and have been wrought with burnt and shorted out systems and poor backwards support. Sonys psp launch and sales also stank.

The psp is on a role my friend. Its catching up in the US. I think its only 2 million consoles behind on the DS (which has sold something like 25 million in the US). I won't disagree on the bad 360 launch. Its still hard to find a premium over here.
elcoholic Wrote:Its been hacked. They found a way to rewrite the firmware of the dvd drive so it sees dvd-r's as real discs. But to do it you need to open up the 360 and have special hardware that will let you rewrite certain codes on the chip. Check xbox-scene if you want to know more. Won't be long till its chipped.

Not to disagree but getting it mod-chipped is LONG ways away. they haven't cracked really any of the security features in the actual xbox. All they do is pull the firmware hack it so it tell sthe xbox that dvd-r's are real xbox games. You still can't do anything with running home brew apps or anything else. So a modchip that replaces the bios after cracking the encrptyion on the mb is still long ways away.

elcoholic Wrote:Actually the original xbox drive is only 10 gig with I think only 7 available for your own stuff. The 360 HD is 20 gig. with 13 available for your own stuff.
for clarification only because i have opened so many of them up.. outta the 7 gig harddrive only 3.5-4 gigs was used for your game saves and music. the drive had like a 1.5 gig partition for the dashboard, 4 gigs for user info and 3 like 700-900 gig temp partitions for games to dump information and load from the harddrive instead of the DVD-ROM's. Also newer consoles came with a 10gig harddrive but was still only partitioned to use 7 gigs.

elcoholic Wrote:The psp is on a role my friend. Its catching up in the US. I think its only 2 million consoles behind on the DS (which has sold something like 25 million in the US). I won't disagree on the bad 360 launch. Its still hard to find a premium over here.

personally opinion. I currrently had both the PSP and the DS.(cept Mario kart) haven't cared for any the games on both and yes i do own them both and they both collect dust. would still rather play my GBA
My friend bought a device from best buy that said right on the box transfer your xbox save to xbox 360. They lied. They should really be sued. =/ He wasted $15 on nothing.
Wow. A lot said on this thread since I last checked it. Desfunk, if you have any info on save tranfers please post or pm me. Same for anyone else. Not many games I really want to bring over from Xbox to my 360. But still want to know how to do it.

Hmmm... I guess I was given wrong info on old Xbox system stats. I was told it had like 40-50 gigs in it. I guess I shouldnt trutst my friends as far as I can throw my Jeep. Which isnt very far, Ive tried. Big Grin

Anyway thnx guys.
Hi again. I was wondering. If a Xbox memory card would read on a 360. My thought is load the very few games I want to keep and just run them off the memory card? Please post here if you know. Thanks guys.
Again, there is no way to transfer your save files to your 360. At all.
Datel just recently released some sort of transfer kit for the xbox360. Which lets you put 360 saves onto your PC.

Turns out the application i was reading about was more focused on working with 360 saves instead of original saves. I figured it would handle both. But according to what i just read, they tried, and they couldn't get their original xbox save working on the 360 (which is quite stupid if you ask me). They should have left the option for the gamepad to still support the original xboxes memory cards. and allowed the saves to be transferred through that.
Pages: 1 2