Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Final Fantasy XII
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems this little baby has suffered quite a few changes when compared to its predecessors. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/696/696513p1.html
Join the club! I MUST HAVE THIS GAME. Cool
I played the demo. Graphics are awesome (except for the weird charecters with the bunny ears). I like the new battle system (no more random encounters and more freedom) but I'm not sure I like the quest based gameplay. I'm going to be really mad if they don't put a world map in this one but I fear the worst since the random encounters are gone.

It also got 40/40 score from famitsu. Its like the fifth game ever to get that.
In that article I mentioned the guy says "As with FFX, the entire world seems to be connected. I was able to manually move between different areas of the surroundings of Vaan's home town without returning to the hub area of the town first. Rental Chocobo is the preferred way to travel early on, if you're rich enough", so FFXII is very likely not going to have a world map. Sorry about that.
I don't really mind it. I mean, I like world maps as much as the next person but I also had a lot of fun traveling through the world of FFX (and FFX-2) so I shouldn't have a problem with FFXII's world either.
On amazon.co.uk you can pre-order it already, it says it will be out on August the 1st. However, on ign.com it says the release date in the US is October 2006, but I highly doubt Europe's going to get it first that the US.

If you've played the demo I suppose you've bought Dragon Quest VIII, right? Is the game any good? I just noticed it comes out in Europe next month. I was going to buy the American version but since it's about to be released here I might as well buy it in PAL, so long as it comes with the demo that is. Wink
Dragon Quest VIII is a fantastic oldschool rpg wrapped in a nice pretty shell. Everything about it reminds me of the old days of rpgs.

As for the new Final Fantasy (comes out in the US in November), everything i've read about it sounds fantastic. Then again, what do you expect from the creator of Vagrant Story (a lot of people like to call this game Vagrant Story 2, cause it looks a lot visually like it). Having played the demo, i didn't mind any of the changes. Sometimes change is good, especially when everything other game was starting to seem quite similar.

Also, if you've played Final Fantasy XI (which i never have, since it's online only), a lot of people compare 12 to that game.
desfunk Wrote:Dragon Quest VIII is a fantastic oldschool rpg wrapped in a nice pretty shell. Everything about it reminds me of the old days of rpgs.

As for the new Final Fantasy (comes out in the US in November), everything i've read about it sounds fantastic. Then again, what do you expect from the creator of Vagrant Story (a lot of people like to call this game Vagrant Story 2, cause it looks a lot visually like it). Having played the demo, i didn't mind any of the changes. Sometimes change is good, especially when everything other game was starting to seem quite similar.

Also, if you've played Final Fantasy XI (which i never have, since it's online only), a lot of people compare 12 to that game.

I've played FFXI and despite it's gameplay flaws (like being extremely hard to level up and advance to new areas) it's a wonderful game. I really enjoyed the environment and being able to team up with players that were actually controlled by other human beings, though that's an upside of all online games and not just FFXI. And yes, Vagrant Story is indeed an awesome game. Let's hope FFXII is as good or perhaps even better.
Oh man, I'm so hyped about this game! And I sure hope it comes out in August/September 'cause then I already know what I'm getting for my birthday! Wink