Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Anyone Interested in Oprhen & Orphen Revenge (English Dub/FX)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really want to get it traded since it has pentagrams in it and I'm a Christian. Anyone have anything they want to trade for it? I don't really feel like looking through all the lists. The FX Set, Complete of Orphen & Orphen Revenge, 6 DVD/English Dubbing. Thank you.
Hibikime777 Wrote:I really want to get it traded since it has pentagrams in it and I'm a Christian.

That is the lamest reason to not like an anime I have ever heard... Christians used to use the symbol anyway so why would God care if it's in an anime?
gubi-gubi Wrote:That is the lamest reason to not like an anime I have ever heard... Christians used to use the symbol anyway so why would God care if it's in an anime?

No disrespect intended but I have to be honest when I read his reason I couldn't help but laugh. It sounds like my sisters reason for not liking the FMA symbol but she doesn't watch anime she's seen it elsewhere lol.
Christians never used the pentagram... What's the matter with your head? And no disrespect intended, but don't write bull on my thread, unless you're wanting to trade. I don't appreciate your smart aleck tactics.
Hibikime777 Wrote:Christians never used the pentagram... What's the matter with your head?

Maybe if you did your research you would know that the pentagram has been used throughout history and early Christians adopted it to represent the represent the five wounds of Jesus. I would of thought a devout Christian would at least read about Christianity or at least symbology if you're going to get that worked up over them...
You're correct. I just read up on it. I guess I won't be trading it after all. Thanks. Adieu.
Hibikime777 Wrote:You're correct. I just read up on it. I guess I won't be trading it after all. Thanks. Adieu.

Glad to be of help lol!
So who gives a shit if pentagrams are there? And what does being a "christian" have to do with it? Anime is anime-if you want jesus freak stuff go watch the god channel or something.
What does being a Christian have to do with it? Yeah, I'm a strong Christian, but! Pentagrams are commonly used by satanists these days. And in the Bible, it says "Stray from wizards, witches...," ect. Anime is not Anime; if there are signs of satanism, and you're a Christian, you wanna stay away from that stuff. And as I said, don't come into the thread I made for trading 1 thing, and talk mad crap. Understood? Good.
Hibikime777 Wrote:And in the Bible, it says "Stray from wizards, witches...," ect.

You can't take the Bible word for word, you'd go insane surely? (And be a serial murderer).

P.S. Something I totally missed that has really pissed me off now: How the hell can you get so worked up over a pentagram in an anime when you are ignoring one of the ten commandments by watching stolen bootleged anime?! Talk about hypocritical. You should be ashamed of yourself...
Ha. I didn't steal it; I payed for it. Either way, what do you know about the Bible and such? Are you a believer? 'Cause saying that you don't take the Bible word-for-word means that you can't have too strong of beliefs, if any. I did read up on the pentagram about "The Five Wounds of Jesus Christ," and a pentagram is used by so many, and thought as so many different things, yet nowadays, it's mainly satanists who use them. And I DO take the Bible WORD-FOR-WORD. I try to stay with what God says. A pentagram can be used in so many ways. I'm going to keep the Orphen Series, but still not buy anything more with pentagrams. I've seen all of F.M.A., and it seems that they use the pentagram demonicly, to me, that is. And especially how Izumi's Teacher, the head of the humuculi is named "Dante"... That name means "devil". Also, how she puts the pentagram on the baby and opens "The Gate" that way. In all reality, I did like F.M.A. a lot. One way or the other, the ones who should feel ashamed are those who put out the single DVDs, with 2-4 episodes per disc, at $20+ for each. They swindle you out of your money, and that is the bottom line.
Wasn't going to say anything else but here we go again more whining about the releases don't like it than don't fuckin buy em and stop complaning. It's not like they give a damn.

I'm lost as to why this religious bullshit keeps popping up here as of late always something for some reason. One of the WORST things people can talk about is religion always leads to nothing but problems.
Hibikime777 Wrote:Ha. I didn't steal it; I payed for it.

You are paying money into the hands of criminals and ripping off the R1 companies which IS stealing and against the law so you are a fucking religous hypocrite and make up what rules you feel like abiding to.

Hibikime777 Wrote:I DO take the Bible WORD-FOR-WORD. I try to stay with what God says.

Hmmm what is one of the ten commandments?

The Bible Wrote:Do not steal.

If you also take the Bible word for word then you would murder the people who made the anime ("You should not let a sorceress live." (Exodus 22:17 NAB)) or you would kill the majority of Japanese people as the 'holy' Bible says "Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed". (Exodus 22:19 NAB).

Pathetic...
gubi-gubi Wrote:You are paying money into the hands of criminals and ripping off the R1 companies which IS stealing and against the law so you are a fucking religous hypocrite and make up what rules you feel like abiding to.

Can't really say im surprised that he tries denying what he does with lame excuses. I wonder what's next hm perhaps some poor excuse like "The R1 companies charge too much so their stealing from me". I'ts pretty pathetic how people try to justify buying HKs despite everything when all it comes down too is cheapness nothing more.
Puppet Master Wrote:I'ts pretty pathetic how people try to justify buying HKs despite everything when all it comes down too is cheapness nothing more.

Exactly. We all do it so there's no need to justify it here. To make out you are fundamentaly religious but still justify buying them is even worse.
Pages: 1 2