Import Anime Forums

Full Version: My Graphics Card..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, pretty much I think I have a Voodoo2 somethign to do with 3Dfx, but I can't find where it tell you this. The only reason I know what I have is because all games I install detect it.
I searched google for something to detect the card, but I haven't been able to find a useful link on google for 2 years -_-.

The only spec checking i know how to do is the listing of the processor.

I'm putting this is gaming, because I need to up-grade my drivers. Appearently they're out of date & a lot of games such as SoFII & Red Fraction won't run correctly unless I do up-grade.

I found a site with a lot of voodoo2 drivers, but I'm not exactly to sure about just grabbing a random one.

Any help would be useful; thanks.
this is what you need to do to find your card. Right click on my computer-click on manage-click on Device manager-double click display adapters-that will tell you what card you have installed. you can also double click the card you have and get its properties.
israfel Wrote:this is what you need to do to find your card. Right click on my computer-click on manage-click on Device manager-double click display adapters-that will tell you what card you have installed. you can also double click the card you have and get its properties.
I have a slight problem here, display adapters is empty :confused:

I think I found it though, thanks for the help Smile
My drivers, as it says, are from 1999. It has a link to follow to up-date though Smile

thanks again.
ok, windows up-date searched whatever it is that it searches & it said I have the best one they could find..which doesn't mean much. And according to this I have a voodoo 3, which is a better than what I thought.
yea but 3dfx went out Long ago so you won't find any new drivers. I think they went under in 1999 or around then. ;o)
Schultz Wrote:yea but 3dfx went out Long ago so you won't find any new drivers. I think they went under in 1999 or around then. ;o)
I found unoffical ones, but I'mnot really sure which I need, er if my computer hadn't crashed earlier I'd still ahve the link, so I guess I'll have to search it up again tomarrow.

Just my luck -_-

wait, if the company went under & I have the newest drivers, then why do those two games tell me I need to update the drivers, when there are none taht are newer?
3dfx went under and was bought out by Nvidia.. I *think* that they released some drivers after for a bit. Btw what games are you playing? Because they may be saying it based on just the driver age.. Since if they are from 1999 they think they are old.
Schultz Wrote:3dfx went under and was bought out by Nvidia.. I *think* that they released some drivers after for a bit. Btw what games are you playing? Because they may be saying it based on just the driver age.. Since if they are from 1999 they think they are old.
Red Faction is the one that tells me to up-date them, it came out in 01 I think.
Soldier of Fortune 2: DH on the other hand just has the same problem as Red Faction. there's no textures or skins. The floors are all the same color, the guns are just gray, the water an off shade of white. It's that way in the random mission gen in SoF2, & like that in the game itself for RF.

That makes sense though, I told my friend it was bull that Gunz doesn't suport Voodoo card, because most games I've found love them, & he told me now it's all about Nvidia.
Voodoo. That is a graphics card name I havn't heard in a long time except from people talking about how much it used to rock, like when I was in junior high. If you wanna play anything even remotely new just get a new vid card. A 5500 fx is crap and cheap but it's godly compared to what you have.
Cidien Wrote:Voodoo. That is a graphics card name I havn't heard in a long time except from people talking about how much it used to rock, like when I was in junior high. If you wanna play anything even remotely new just get a new vid card. A 5500 fx is crap and cheap but it's godly compared to what you have.

took the words out of my mouth...the only problem with that is if hes running a voodoo 2, theres a good chance that its a pci card...the fastest pci card i know of is the radeon 9250, which will run about 60 bucks...still godly in comparision, but not nearly as good as the 5500
The idea of buying a cheap graphics card sounds good, but apperently my mother board is older than the graphics card & my father has told me (he built the thing) that it won't support any newesr graphics cards. I'm likely going to spend some of my college money this summer to buy a new motherboard, processor, & graphics card.
Suprisingly there are PCI 5500's even with 256megs of Memory..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814143032
odin0425 Wrote:took the words out of my mouth...the only problem with that is if hes running a voodoo 2, theres a good chance that its a pci card...the fastest pci card i know of is the radeon 9250, which will run about 60 bucks...still godly in comparision, but not nearly as good as the 5500

My friend has a 5500 and companies decided to bring even better cards than that to pci. Don't remember what it was so i'm not gonna guess but nvidia made an even better pci card than the 5500.
wow, you learn somthing new everyday...i thought video card companys completly gave up on good old pci...good to know though, i wouldnt mind having a 5500 as a secondary card!