Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Anyone know what game this is?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A long time ago on my super nintendo, I had a game I called battle tetris (It was all in Japanese and never knew the real name). It was just like tetris except at the start of the game, you would pick 1 of 6 characters. While playing, random blocks would have a jewel in them and after making lines with the jewels, you would store them in your inventory (max of 4). At any point in the game, you could activate special powers specific to each character as long as you had at least one jewel stored (4 powers for each character). It's kind of hard to explain... I remember the characters as being a ninja, a princess, a jack-o-lantern, a witch doctor and... 2 others.

Well anyways my friend is a little bit of a puzzle game freak and she never heard of "battle tetris," and doesn't think it exists. I tried looking for it on the net and was hoping to download it for the pc. Any info would be great, thanks!
That game is Tetris Battle Gai Den from BPS software and it's one of my all time favourite games ever made. I still pull it out to play from time to time and amazingly enough, I've never seen the ROM for it on any emulator sites. The thing that really sucks is that it was never released in North America for the NSES so you were playing a Super Famicom version. Good luck hunting for it.
And the ROM for it is available right here
http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/43240/...den-J.html
Zagatto Wrote:And the ROM for it is available right here
http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/43240/...den-J.html

Thanks Zagatto! That is the game I was looking for and it's even more fun than what I remember. There's even more characters than what I recall and I never realized there's a story mode (not that I would understand it anyways). 3 cheers for Zagatto! Hip hip hooray (x3)!!
If i'm not mistaken, it came out in english as well as japanese. But the US version was heavily modified.