Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Model kits and assembelage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As a courtesy to JJ and Schultz as well as anyone else interested I will be documenting the contruction of a Perfect Grade W-Gundam Zero Custom.

These first two photos show my work area and the first few small parts that I've assembled so far.

This is gonna be fun.
heh good luck! if I would have done it, I'd have half the parts left over!
and of course JJ and i are the first to post in this thread. Lol. btw you gonna have a Japanese dictionary next to you while you read those instructions?
Don't need it... Bandai makes some great instructions to follow. That, and I have a fair amount of experience making these things.

Expect more photos tomorrow.
I've tried one of them Gundam ones a while back and it was pretty hard... I prefer doing resin and vinyl kits like the old garage kits and stuff. I used to do quite a few when I was younger... Painting them was the best bit but I was pretty young and just got bored 3/4 the way through lol.
Yeah, I have like 50 models around my room now. I have built kits from the starter level to master grades. The only reason I have built a Perfect grade (the Strike is smexy as hell) is because they are so expensive. I will be looking forward to seeing the development of this model, since one day I know I will actually get one.
I used to have plenty a hard time with the little WW2 model planes. I can't imagine the work that goes into putting that together.

What's it going to look like when its finished?
You'll just have to wait and see... expect a few more photos this afternoon.
Here's todays progress.
I had been wondering why this kit came with only a singe set of hands. Now I know... the fingers are freakin' articulated!!!! I've built a lot of model kits but this is the first (especially this size) that has articulated fingers.

Enjoy the photos.
Those Bandai Gundam models are pretty easy to build. They just take some time. I assume you're not painting the thing? I've never had the patience to paint them either and always figured I never had to since they come precolored. But I have seen some that people have painted and it does make it look alot better.
If I had a good painting area with better lighting and an air brush I'd prefer to be painting it. Painting takes a LOT longer to build a kit but you are right, it looks much better in the end. I was going to use a Gundam marker to do the black lines on it but my local hobby shop is sold out so I'll have to wait for a while before I start doing that.

Real life is taking charge this weekend (my folks are coming up for a visit) so I wont get anything else done on the kit till Monday.
With me starting my new job in a week and needing to do a million things around the house to get it ready to sell I've been officially told that building models will not be tolerated until we are either moved into a new house or absolutely everything is done that needs doing to sell our house (not likely to happen).

This project is going to be boxed up and probably not restarted until September. This is a bit of a dissapointment to me because the kit is a real pleasure to work on. At least I have something to look forward to in a few months.
lol no worries Zagatto, at your rate, you will be done in no time compared how long it was in my closet... 3-4 years hehe

Wink
That's too bad, was looking forward to seeing how this turned out. =P Good luck with your house and all.
Hmm, this seems like something my girlfriend and i could do together, but with a much simpler one of course. We've been looking for some good wholesome activities to do aside from the same old movie rental or same restaurants (small town around a college, that's geneseo). She loves Bleach like some of those super otaku. Anybody know of a great place to find Bleach resin kits or simple models?
Pages: 1 2