Import Anime Forums

Full Version: MI ditching gatefolds??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not crying wolf here...just asking if anyone else has had this experience with their MI sets. When EZDVD took over the FX line is when I stopped buying anything FX...I like the gatefolds better than the R1 style cases. I know it's stupid but it's what I like.

Anyways, my last 3 shipments have included 1 set each that isn't gatefold style but the EZDVD style of 3 disc sets with the middle insert. The sets I'm talking about are GITS SAC 2nd Gig, Gasaraki and Daphne in the Brilliant Blue. These are definitely MI sets...(2) D & (1) E series #s, Fantasy Productions, etc. The reason why I find it odd is another collector that I talk to via IM has the same sets, same artwork and identifying #s, but his are gatefold sets. Imagine my surprise to get mine and they have the new style cases with the insert in the middle for the 2nd disc.

Anyone in the know have any info?

Later!!!

SB
Someone said that MI was considering changing to EZDVD style cases forgot who it was though.
Puppet Master Wrote:Someone said that MI was considering changing to EZDVD style cases forgot who it was though.

That would be a big mistake. Sure a lotta people buy from them now because they still use gatefolds. I'd rather have an MI set than ez if possible just for that.
Would they consider this method to lower shipment costs? The gatefolds seems to be a tad heavier.

And Snowboarder... does Daphne in the Brilliant Blue happen to have a cardboard box covering the DVD case?
My Flame of Recca set by MI which I bought 3 months ago is in the new alpha style case as well. It also came with an outer artbox which hold the 2 cases.
YamiFan Wrote:Would they consider this method to lower shipment costs? The gatefolds seems to be a tad heavier.

And Snowboarder... does Daphne in the Brilliant Blue happen to have a cardboard box covering the DVD case?

That was the reason that was given by one of their retailers here a few months back.
Both Daphne in the Brilliant Blue & Gasaraki came with an outer cardboard box with art that is the same as the DVD case.

I guess the age of the gatefolds is slowly but surely coming to an end. I think that MI must be trying it out and only on a few titles since the overwhelming majority of sets I get are still gatefolds. If this keeps on happening I guess I'll start buying AV sets. It doesn't really matter I guess since both AV and MI rip each others stuff all the time.

Later!!

SB
if MI is ditching the cases, then they should tell the people that sell thier stuff. I havent recieved ANY sets from MI that are in new gatefold boxes. Sorry, but nope, and i do a *ton* of busines with them. The only things that have come in any form of slim case were the 2 disk FF7 sets, everything else is still the gatefold.

If you recieved mi sets in gates, then i would say they are not genuine, at least not at this point. They could be from thier sister company per say, but i wouldnt know because i dont carry thier product.

b
bmvtoys Wrote:if MI is ditching the cases, then they should tell the people that sell thier stuff. I havent recieved ANY sets from MI that are in new gatefold boxes. Sorry, but nope, and i do a *ton* of busines with them. The only things that have come in any form of slim case were the 2 disk FF7 sets, everything else is still the gatefold.

If you recieved mi sets in gates, then i would say they are not genuine, at least not at this point. They could be from thier sister company per say, but i wouldnt know because i dont carry thier product.

b

Sister company? What?
There is a general misconception that AV and MI are still the same company. This is not true. They split a very long time ago, and do 2 seperate types of packaging yet they use the same call numbers. AV likes to use a thin paper outter box (sometimes nice, mostly useless). Most likely the items in question are either AV, or are some other no name company just doing copies.

Hope that helps.

b