Import Anime Forums

Full Version: HK manufacturers UPC symbol numbers...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The other night I was bored off my a** and was looking at some of my different sets and their artwork when I noticed something about the UPC symbol numbers. I looked at sets from FX, AV, MI, Animation City Int'l (FX), Animation World Int'l (FX), EZDVD and MAC and I noticed that all of them with the exception of MAC used the same UPC number on the back of their sets (4-988102-822712). FX, "fake" FX and the Animation City/World sets had the # and some MI and AV sets had it.

I'm kinda interested now in where our HK's get pressed. The UPC # thing has me wondering if there's a pressing plant somewhere in China / Taiwan / Hong Kong where they churn up all the different sets for the different manufacturers all under one roof?

I'm bored and thinking too much....Big Grin

Later!!!

SB
"Fake FX" just uses FXs things and it's obvious they put them on there for one reason so they look official
Puppet Master Wrote:"Fake FX" just uses FXs things and it's obvious they put them on there for one reason so they look official

Yeah but its not just fx. MI and AV have the same numbers too. I noticed this too and it has been so for a long time. I think they might all use the same program to make the covers (and just slap a standard number and barcode on there) or use the same plant to press their stuff.
Ha that's weird. Has anyone got a barcode scanner and see what it says when you scan it? I would of thought that they would of made them different so if they got scanned at customs they would look more legit...
Comes up as like $12 I think. Friend scanned one once.
barcode holds the price? that would be new to me, I am under the impression that the barcode is just a unique signature to the item, so the item goes to a store, the store would scan that item in and assign a price to it in the own local database... having your friend just randomly scan it somewhere and get 12$ sounds fishy
JJ, your correct on that. Barcodes are unique to products so that one product will have the same as another product but the prices are all associated with the UPC in that stores database. thats why the big push for RFID tags because the UPC barcodes will reach the max # of products. etc. But you can also print your own barcodes and make your own system to use scanners for em.
Schultz Wrote:JJ, your correct on that. Barcodes are unique to products so that one product will have the same as another product but the prices are all associated with the UPC in that stores database. thats why the big push for RFID tags because the UPC barcodes will reach the max # of products. etc. But you can also print your own barcodes and make your own system to use scanners for em.

Stupid question but what's an RFID tag?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFID

Wikipedia is an awesome site. hehe
Schultz Wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFID

Wikipedia is an awesome site. hehe

Yeah to a point it is it's only based when your lazy ill have to read the rest later seeing as that's the case right now.
Puppet Master Wrote:Yeah to a point it is it's only based when your lazy ill have to read the rest later seeing as that's the case right now.
lol ok here is short answer
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is an automatic identification method, relying on storing and remotely retrieving data using devices called RFID tags or transponders.
Schultz Wrote:lol ok here is short answer
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is an automatic identification method, relying on storing and remotely retrieving data using devices called RFID tags or transponders.

That made it a bit simpler thank you.
JunkieJoe Wrote:barcode holds the price? that would be new to me, I am under the impression that the barcode is just a unique signature to the item, so the item goes to a store, the store would scan that item in and assign a price to it in the own local database... having your friend just randomly scan it somewhere and get 12$ sounds fishy

Was scanned at a take 2 video pawn shop. No idea why it woulda come up.
They probably share a data base that has been programmed with various UPC codes.
Zagatto Wrote:They probably share a data base that has been programmed with various UPC codes.
Yea probably all them do and someone has sold it to em and they put it into the system. What i am curious is what did it ring up *as* for name of the item.
Pages: 1 2