Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What the best Anime you ever saw....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
stoopidduck Wrote:Quote:
Originally Posted by swmaxxx
I've been reading all the people's "Favorite Anime" and I just have to say a few comments. Many of you say you are anime fans but, in fact, are nothing of the sort. I'm tired of all the people who say their favs are Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho and Rumiko Takahashi's Inuyasha. These shows are distinctively sorry excuses for anime. The makers of these anime are just in it for the money. You can see this through the overly excessive episode list. People go straight to Adult Swim and see that an anime is playing and deem it an astounding anime. If you truly want to be an anime fan, then go out and find good anime for yourself. Don't have other people do it for you.

XD johnny-boy!! LOSER...jk yeah people listen to him, he's a nerd he would know..
anyways..
my fav is
ayashi no ceres or fushigi yuugi oh they're so freaking dramatic I la-la-loooove it! animes as a soap opera >=) ^-^

Haha he sounds like one but welcome.
Ill just name my favorites. Lodoss Wars: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight, Orphen (first season), Inuyasha, Slayers (all three seasons), Samurai Champloo, and Outlaw Star. Of course I have more that I consider my favorites on any given day, but I figure that is enough to list.
I still can't come up with an answer to this one considering I find new favorites all the time...
Puppet Master Wrote:I still can't come up with an answer to this one considering I find new favorites all the time...

I don't know, lately all the new anime I find good isn't a patch on the old classics I love. Maybe im just not as into it at the moment.
gubi-gubi Wrote:I don't know, lately all the new anime I find good isn't a patch on the old classics I love. Maybe im just not as into it at the moment.

What old classics are you referring to? Though I can't deny that a lot of new stuff is pretty boring for me as well but that's really not surprising.
Puppet Master Wrote:What old classics are you referring to? Though I can't deny that a lot of new stuff is pretty boring for me as well but that's really not surprising.

I dunno stuff like Urusei Yatsura and Maison Ikkoku and even watching the old Manga VHS releases that were in the UK years ago. Maybe it was more original and exciting then. Even watching older stuff now gets me more excited. Samurai Champloo got me interested though... Something about it that seems original.
gubi-gubi Wrote:I don't know, lately all the new anime I find good isn't a patch on the old classics I love. Maybe im just not as into it at the moment.

It's funny, I don't feel like that at all. I mean, I like older anime just like I used to but I also love many of the new series that have been coming out. It's the same thing with games, love the old ones and love the new ones. It seems I'm able to always find something new about them, something worthwhile.
It's a trick question. "Best" implies value judgments, which by definition must be personal. If everyone could agree on what they liked best, then there wouldn't be fifty brands of beer (what a cruel world that would be, though). Sometimes I would rather drink a Newcastle than a Heinekin; that doesn't make either "better" than the other, it's just my whim of the moment.
Perhaps we should be asking what is your favorite anime, which ones have the best replay value, which show has made the most impact on you, or even what you enjoyed the most this week. Anime appeals to me because there are no rules, and few restraints. Whatever you imagine may be brought to life. It is foolish to constrain yourself, and even more so to dictate to others.
I've enjoyed Neon Genesis, Lain, and Boogiepop Phantom (won't see too many votes for that one, I bet). Recently, I've been impressed by Requeim from the Darkness and Texhnolyze. Are they the best? Sure, if I say so (and I'm not), but even then, only for me.
j2raymond Wrote:I've enjoyed Neon Genesis, Lain, and Boogiepop Phantom (won't see too many votes for that one, I bet). Recently, I've been impressed by Requeim from the Darkness and Texhnolyze. Are they the best? Sure, if I say so (and I'm not), but even then, only for me.

Is Requeim from the Darkness a lot like the other animes you listed if so which ones? I liked all the other titles on the list but I have not seen Requeim yet.
No, Requiem is straight up horror, no psycho b.s. like the others (unless you count the evil in men's souls), and a hell of a lot easier to understand.
j2raymond Wrote:It's a trick question. "Best" implies value judgments, which by definition must be personal. If everyone could agree on what they liked best, then there wouldn't be fifty brands of beer (what a cruel world that would be, though). Sometimes I would rather drink a Newcastle than a Heinekin; that doesn't make either "better" than the other, it's just my whim of the moment.
Perhaps we should be asking what is your favorite anime, which ones have the best replay value, which show has made the most impact on you, or even what you enjoyed the most this week. Anime appeals to me because there are no rules, and few restraints. Whatever you imagine may be brought to life. It is foolish to constrain yourself, and even more so to dictate to others.
I've enjoyed Neon Genesis, Lain, and Boogiepop Phantom (won't see too many votes for that one, I bet). Recently, I've been impressed by Requeim from the Darkness and Texhnolyze. Are they the best? Sure, if I say so (and I'm not), but even then, only for me.

Nice post dude. I completely agree.

Didn't like the show boogiepop that much but the soundtrack is awesome, especially if you have DD5.1. They got these drum&bass parts that just swirls in circles arround your room. Awesome effects. I spend more time listening to the sounds than watching the show.
Well my turn to post. I know you all are expecting me to say Ronin Warriors aka Yoroiden Samurai Troopers but that does not fit in this list. It is one of my favorites but it is not the best. Some of the best anime I have seen are these.

Aura Battler Dunbine
Escaflowne
Magic Knights Rayearth
Teknoman aka Tekkaman Blade
Legend of the Dragon Kings

That is my top 5 at the moment. As I collect more anime it may change and that does not include the ones that are better dubbed than subbed or vice versa. This is overall. Anyway That does it for my list. Later.
These aren't necessarily the best I've ever seen, but they should be in everyone's library: The Record of Lodoss War and Heatguy J. I haven't seen these posted on this thread yet (though I may have missed it).

Also, someone mentioned Golden Boy, and hell yeah. I gotta agree. That show made my sides ache.
Rurouni Kenshin TV series is still my top anime of all time.
this is hard

i can't just say the best but i can list a few that are amazing

last exile
neon genesis evangelion
trigun
kino's journey
cowboy bebop

FMA will prolly end up on that list once i finish it.

As far as rouroni kenshin goes i didn't really like the tv series all that much but the OVA's are amazing.

but thats just my comments.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6