Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Zagatto's job hunt part two
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I turned down a position at IBM (which was better than the original job I thought I had but still a temp position). Instead, I accepted a job at RIM doing support for the BlackBerry line of products.
This means better pay, better benefits, actual vacation time and the cherry on top of everything is the latest model of BlackBerry to use and cherish for my very own.

I have a few weeks till the position actually starts so the next caption contest will start on March 1st as planned and go through the month with more winners again.

Best of all... I don't feel like I'm being yanked around with this job offer. It feels like something solid that I'll be able to count on for the long haul.

YAY!!!
I hate Blackberries and Treos and all handhelds. That is the one thing that I do not support at my job. Those things are such a pain in the ass.
And hopefully RIM doesn't get sued to oblivion with the current patent infringments.. But congrats Zag. Now you can email where ever you are. hehe
Congrats Zag. but i'll believe it when you finally start working there:p Big Grin Never know what comes up in those few weeks.
Yeah... I know about counting my chickens before the eggs have hatched but I've already signed the whole hiring package and confirmed my benefits (I don't get my BlackBerry till I actually start though...)

This past week was a major hurdle for RIM with the patent lawsuits so my fears of RIM being "sued into oblivion" have been seriously lessened. Until last weeks news announcement about the workaround RIM is implementing I has some big reservations about going to work for them. I can stack those concerns on top of the fact that IBM has announced they intend to return some of their local services to smaller contractors made me not so interested in the IBM position.

My wife is ecstatic that I don't start for three weeks. She's already drafted a list of things around the house she expects me to finish before I start. I guess my plans of sitting around, surfing the web, playing video games and watching anime don't line up with spousal duties.
Yup hopefully there workaround still doesn't infringe on any patents. that other company still has to review there full implementation of there workaround. And they also have a few other patents to look at. But just to be clear.. I sure as hell hope RIM wins this. i think the US patent system for software is bullshit and needs a major reform. I hate the fact that people can patent ideas and Not implementations. its retarded that someone can patent something like "the process of controlling a protabable media player from computer software" (thats a patent Apple is currently getting sued by a company for there iPod)
Zagatto Wrote:My wife is ecstatic that I don't start for three weeks. She's already drafted a list of things around the house she expects me to finish before I start. I guess my plans of sitting around, surfing the web, playing video games and watching anime don't line up with spousal duties.

aaahhh... what a loving wife.

(I'm not being sarcastic) Those things are the things you do if you DON'T have a wife.
Now I have the added joy of having a really BIG Gundam kit to build in the next three weeks before I start my new job. My wife and I are working on a point system where certain completed tasks around the house can be used for fun time doing things like model building, video games, web surfing, anime watching, nookie, comic book reading, playing D&D with the guys and so forth.
You gotta send me a Screenshot when you get it done.. I sent that thing to JJ like 4 years ago!!!
I'm planning on taking photos at every step along the way and posting them somewhere... maybe even here. Once I finish, I'll shoot a few pics of it before sending it back to the man for his appreciation.
Way To Go! Have Fun!!!