Import Anime Forums

Full Version: G-Gundam FX set
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard this is a rip of the R1 dvds but are the subs also ripped?
IF its a R1 rip then yes the subs will be ripped aswell. Never heard of a R1 rip that was missing anything but posible extra's. Subs and dub are always ripped.

Mind you I don't know if there's a R1 rip available of this show.
elcoholic Wrote:IF its a R1 rip then yes the subs will be ripped aswell. Never heard of a R1 rip that was missing anything but posible extra's. Subs and dub are always ripped.
That's not always true. There were times that only subs were ripped. Magic Knight Rayearth comes to mind. I even heard of the times when only the dubs were ripped, probably by mistake.
I have an idea. Why don't you read the review? Takes less time and energy.
Well, the earliest review said "not to much engrish. A few typos nothing bad."

Everyone else said it's almost perfect.

I'm just a little picky because planning to get it and want to watch it subbed.
The first reviewer was probably stupid and watched a different set. Not gonna get any better opinions here than you will with the reviews. We're the ones that review the sets.
It looks to me like Cidien is stepping up to fill Vicious' boots as part of the welcoming committee here.

Red Falcon, welcome to our community. I think you will find that most of us enjoy anime here and are more than happy to discuss it. When a new set comes out, it does take a while for people to actually post reviews because it takes time to ship it out to them then it takes time to watch it then we have to be lucky enough for someone to actually post their review.

Having said that, many popular new sets have reviews up within two weeks of them becoming available here. Given the price difference between the R1 set and the HK set available here I've found that I don't mind the occasional dog given all the gems I've gotten over the years.

There's even a small thrill to be had when you get a new series that hasn't been released in North America yet. Those releases usually have the worst subtitles and part of the fun watching those can be playing "guess what the subtitles actually mean".

I hope you stick around and get to know the people here. It's a nice forum and JJ runs one of the best stores I've ever found (it's why I stick around).
Zagatto Wrote:I hope you stick around and get to know the people here. It's a nice forum and JJ runs one of the best stores I've ever found (it's why I stick around).

Ditto.

I just realized how long its been since I bought an anime set. I've been spending all my money on useless crap and comics lately. Few games. Man I need to buy something soon lol. Just wish JJ would get a mac shipment in. Been waiting for dbz part 6 forever. Then again I could just buy the R1's. Dbz dvds are cheap. I just like the way the hks are set up to play. Completely skips the last episode commentary.
I have the set you are refering to and don't think you have anything to worry about. I've watched the entire set (because I'm a sucker for pain Smile) and can say it's as close to the R1s you'll find.

On the flip side if you are just looking for a Gundam series and just picked G-Gundam because it was on the cartoon network, let me tell you there are a lot better series with the gundam name on it.
G Gundam can be lame at time, but it's still a great series. Of course the worlds of gundam are among my favorite anime worlds, so my opinion is slightly biased. I love giant robot fighting. =P However as said G Gundam is low among my favorite gundam series. I think only 0080 and the original are the only ones I enjoyed less. 0079 was more because the animation irritated me than anything though. Would be awesome if they remade it, at least to zeta gundam standards. At least the gundams wouldnt look like gimps when they used their jump jets.
haha true. I didn't mind 0080 all that much though.

I prefer 0083, Wing, and Seed Destiny the most though.
I have the FX G-Gundam set, it's an R1 rip so everything is pretty much perfect, subtitles wise. You also have the option for the english dub...but I wouldn't personally recommend it. It has a nice interface and the video quality s good, can't really say more about it, good show, I liked it.
I watched the japanese version after the english version. While certainly better it even has a subpar japanese voice cast imo. I'll probably just watch it in english if I watch it a third time.