Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Elfen lied what do you think?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was watch Elfen Lied on ON DEMAND on comcast. I like the first episode and dieing for the rest. :eek: Have anyone seen the complete saga. If they did what do you think?Cool And when is it come on DVD so me and my kids get to watch it ( English form)? Big Grin
You want to watch this with your kids??? Want to give them nightmares? :p

I watched the first 2 or 3 eps and it didn't really grab me. All that I really remember is lots and lots of blood. Maybe I'll go back to it once there's an english dub. Don't know when that will be.

btw, welcome to the forums.
Sad i have time warner and they don't have it on their anime network on demand
I've seen the whole series. I like it a lot. There are 4 volumes on DVD. The story takes some really dark/twisted turns later on. I really enjoyed it though.
Ezdvd are doin this series, can't wait till its done - I wantttts
Uh, this movie has tons of violence and just as much nudity. If you're watching it with your kids I hope they're at the very least 15. I couldn't really imagine watching something like this with my parents... lol.

Aside from the violence I don't really like it that much so far. I'm on like episode 6 or something. I don't really like the whole retarded person getting into sexually compromising situations with another chick around thing. Love Hina is the only show i've seen it done decently well.
I enjoyed it personally but coulda done without the pointless nudity. But I do like the fact that it's bloody
blood, violence, nudity?? damn now i really want to see this series!!
Homeless Joe Wrote:blood, violence, nudity?? damn now i really want to see this series!!

Haha goodBig Grin Who can resist limbs being torn off
elcoholic Wrote:You want to watch this with your kids??? Want to give them nightmares? :p

I watched the first 2 or 3 eps and it didn't really grab me. All that I really remember is lots and lots of blood. Maybe I'll go back to it once there's an english dub. Don't know when that will be.

btw, welcome to the forums.

I also didn't like it much after the first 2 or 3 episodes but it got significantly better after that. Some might consider it too gory for kids to watch but I watched some things way worse when I was a kid and it never gave me nightmares. Maybe that's why very little things impress me nowadays, I'm desensitised (which is not necessarily a good thing).
Pointless nudity + lots of gore = great entertainment!
(Well, sort of...)

[Image: AAlex2k11-1_Elfen.JPG]

EDIT
TazForm guessed right: this scene is from episode 1, so no spoiler alarm.
I loved that scene. You think that chicks gonna be a main character in the story and she trips in front of the chick and it's kinda funny. You never expect the chick to have her head removed from her body shortly after. =P
Thanks for the freakin' spoilers guys!
Do you think you could give a little courtesy in the future?

There are some of us that haven't yet seen this series that are interested in it.
I think that happens in like the second ep or atleast in the beginning of the show so you won't have been spoiled to much.
See that seen in the first eposide what got me interestedBig Grin .... Oh the kids seen worse :eek: like HellraiserRolleyes .... I was wonder if they are going to do another season of it:confused: .... See I have alot of anime like Love Hoda an Ai and such but those two really caught my eyes and my kides.. they wanted more for being so young.... get it from daddy:p
Pages: 1 2