Import Anime Forums

Full Version: And the winners are!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Third place and a single disc from the store goes to beboprules for making subtitles that we've all seen before somewhere...

Second place and a two disc set from the store goes to marka for reminding us of a truth that we should all remember.

First place and a three disc set from the store goes to elcoholic for knowing what my life is really like.

It's kind of interesting that none of the judges picked elcoholic's caption for first place but all judges did pick it as one of the top three. After that none of the captions were picked by all of the judges so they were awarded points. You may notice that all three of the winners chosen have appropriate captions that will fit on a screen rather than dialogues. When we do this again (and we will do it again) I suggest that people learn from the brevity of the winners.

Thanks to everyone who participated. I hope that this level of particpation is matched or exceeded in future contests... we'll see about that wet t-shirt contest... maybe in the summer...

**now... if the winners want to collect their prizes they will need to send me a PM with their mailing information and what they want from the store**
So heres the real question what anime is that picture from?
Can we get the old thread back now to comment on other peoples lines? Personally I think the pinkey and the brain line should have placed. That made me laugh for a long time.
congrats, those were funny. I really loved the 'now back to extreme riverdancing' line, that made me laugh.
For those that missed it, the screen capture is from Giant Robo (which is a great show in spite of the pink cape).
I have unlocked the captions thread now for those that wish to comment or even add to it.

I personally liked the Michael Flatley line even better than the riverdancing line and they even made it to the final round. There were a number of judges working on this and it amazed me that everyone had different favourites. Judging this was very hard. Only 2% of those that entered actually won. Looking at the bright side of things, I'm fairly certain that we'll have another round of captions again next month.
Giant Robo is one of those few shows where I watched the first hour or so and got bored and sold it, yet for some reason wanna buy it again and watch it.
Wooo, that's a surprise. And I was the first to post in that thread too.

I personally laughed very hard by the "OMG lets rush to Noach's arc" comment from I think it was Cidien. That was briliant.
I didn't expect to win anything because there were so many clever ones Big Grin I thought 'Naruto transforming into a pipe' was funny.

I am curious to know which ones were the top three choices by Mrs. Zagatto.
elcoholic Wrote:Wooo, that's a surprise. And I was the first to post in that thread too.

I personally laughed very hard by the "OMG lets rush to Noach's arc" comment from I think it was Cidien. That was briliant.
Yea i picked that one. But that is kinda an inside joke one for those that read the thread where JJ actually said that.
Ya, knowing who the judges were going to be I knew I wasn't going to win. As long as I made people laugh though. =P
That's ok... you'll get another chance again next month... actually... you'll get a whole month worth of chances.

I'm also bugging Schultz to come up with a way to allow everyone to vote on their favourites to determine a winner rather than having to do all the work myself this time (ok... most of the work...).

Details to follow...
Sad to say... I don't remember the thread with the arc. I probably would have voted for it if I had.