Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Fullmetal Alchemist The Conqueror of Shamballa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone watched the movie yet?
I watched it yesterday and although it's a cool movie I believe it had the potential to be much better. As far as I see it this movie is to the series what FFX-2 is to FFX. It was made to pay the fans a service and tie up some loose ends. However, while I loved FFX-2, Hagaren the Movie left me wanting. There are quite a few unexplained events and the enemy's motives are bland at best. For example, there's a certain creature there that used to be a certain somebody but how that transformation came to be or how the creature ended up where it did are two things that aren't explained at all. The viewer is left wondering.
It's a nice movie but it doesn't do the series justice. The best things I got out of this movie were the ending (fan service), two great L'Arc-en-Ciel songs and the gorgeous Limited Edition (best dvd edition I've bought so far).
I saw a fansub version recently and it definatly was disappointing. The shitty subs didnt help much since some of the time I couldnt figure out what was going on nor did I really care. All it's good for is putting a definate end to it. The series is a lot better but it's an okay way to kill some time.
I've downloaded it twice and have yet to find one with damn english subs. =/
Cidien Wrote:I've downloaded it twice and have yet to find one with damn english subs. =/

That's what happened to me the first two times as well.:mad:
The worst part is the first time i've tried it was from a site I pay to direct download from. So them putting one without english subs is just retarded. I'm having my friend download a bunch of them since he can download something in like 2 hours that takes me 5 days. Wireless cable sucks lol.
They should have a download on boxtorrents. I downloaded it from there and it had english subs.
Cidien Wrote:I've downloaded it twice and have yet to find one with damn english subs. =/

You should be able to find an English subbed version more easily now that the Japanese dvd has been released. The Limited Edition (the one I bought) comes with english subtitles and since they were done by professionals you can be certain they're good.

Edit: You can find the Limited Edition in that website Gubi-gubi mentioned in "Anime Bittorent Sites", but you have to join.
Thanks for the info. If I wasn't so broke right now i'd probably just import it. =/ Anyone else think they should sub more dvd releases in japan? There are series that i'd import in a second if they were subbed, like Naruto for example.
Im still lost as to why they did such a horrible job with the enemy. I forgot to say this earlier but Andromeda I definatly agree about the unexplained events the movie barely explains anything other than what people most likely know after seeing the series. I heard their making some sort of OVA just seemed like random things but I forgot what they were exactly.
Cidien Wrote:Thanks for the info. If I wasn't so broke right now i'd probably just import it. =/ Anyone else think they should sub more dvd releases in japan? There are series that i'd import in a second if they were subbed, like Naruto for example.

I heard that in Japan they charge $50 for 2 ep. dvd's. Don't know for sure but I always thought importing anime from Japan is real expensive.
elcoholic Wrote:I heard that in Japan they charge $50 for 2 ep. dvd's. Don't know for sure but I always thought importing anime from Japan is real expensive.

It's not just anime. The live-action series of Hana Yori Dango (love it Wink ) cost $176.49 (on yesasia.com but it includes S&H). We're talking of 8, 45 min episodes, plus a 60 min one on 5 dvds. If you buy the dvds separately they cost $38.49 each. Compared to an American series like CSI (5th season contains 25 episodes on 7 dvds and costs $59.96 on amazon), it's extremely expensive. And the anime is even more expensive! 51 episodes for $465.75!!! Ouch!
Only movies' dvds aren't so incredibly expensive, costing on average $35 (again, on yesasia with S&H included). Yet, if we compare the Japanese edition of The Twilight Samurai with the American edition, the first one is $13.8 more expensive.