Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Music Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I know alot of you are probably ready to roll your eyes at this as usually all my questions have to do with the 80's. However you ar in for a shock. I have been listening to the Donnas recently, and I really like them. So here is the question, Are there any other rock and roll bands out there made up completely of females? I know there are probably not many, but still. Yes I am asking past or present :eek: :eek: :eek: . Oh and on a sidenote, I do have the limited addition dual disc CD DVD they made two years ago and I think the Donnas are still hot. Ayway please let me know if you know of any other bands like them made completly of girls. Maybe its just me but I think they sound better that alot of male bands. Oh well, later.
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Okay, I know alot of you are probably ready to roll your eyes at this as usually all my questions have to do with the 80's. However you ar in for a shock. I have been listening to the Donnas recently, and I really like them. So here is the question, Are there any other rock and roll bands out there made up completely of females? I know there are probably not many, but still. Yes I am asking past or present :eek: :eek: :eek: . Oh and on a sidenote, I do have the limited addition dual disc CD DVD they made two years ago and I think the Donnas are still hot. Ayway please let me know if you know of any other bands like them made completly of girls. Maybe its just me but I think they sound better that alot of male bands. Oh well, later.
ok, I can understand a female lead singer changing the band's sound, but I've really never noticed a difference in a male or female guitarist, although I gess there should be one.

The only band I can think of though is Tatu.

Gotta go, Church time.
I think The Soviettes are all girls. Other than that, a lot of Japanese pop-punk bands are all female. Go here to look up some. http://nippop.com/

If you aren't feeling to constricted by just what you specifically asked for, check out The Mad Capsule Markets and Electric Eel Shock for some good, but different, rock and roll.
I don't even know who the hell the donnas are. Only all girl bands I listen to are Kittie and Kidney Thieves. Oddly girl bands often sound way more alike than guys. I think that's why outside of pop crap guys are generally way more successful.
Check out L7. If you feel retro, try the Bangles & the Go-Go's.