Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Aeon Flux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently watched the trailer and the movie looks really cool. Considering it's an MTV movie it will likely suck but so far it seems interesting. Charlize Theron looks really awesome! I remember sometime ago someone here said she looked skinny but she's not skinny at all, far from that! And that black hair suits her perfectly!
Is anybody here eager to watch this movie?
it came out in North America a while ago now... and yea i saw it, great flick, recommanded!
It looks cool but I hated the anime series. Only watched 3 episodes. Couldn't watch any more. The characters had no life and the story seemed retarded. Only reason I havn't gone to see it yet, but it is in the cheap seats now so it would only cost $1.50 to see now.
Not much for story but perfect if your looking for some good ol brainless action scenes Big Grin
vegeta76 Wrote:Not much for story but perfect if your looking for some good ol brainless action scenes Big Grin
Hence why JJ liked it so much.. j/k
didnt watch the movie, i loved the anime though, but i like alot of peter chungs work
Well what I thought of the movie was, it just didn't explain as much as the anime did. Not to say the movie wasn't good but, I was waiting for that child to be explained in the movie but nothing came out in the movie, I think i just like the missions she did personally. Peter Chung made Aeon move hella better than Charlize. Oh yeah Charlize Hurt her back I heard, so I think she is a Cop-Out saying she will never do another film with all the flips. I think that Demi Moore would have been better for Aeon.
i think if her hair woulda been the same as the anime it would be a lot better (i really was excited to see it but after the previews it looked alright but nothing amazing)

BTW peter Chung doesen't like to give away much about his stories thus that may be why it doesen't explain the child
Andromeda18_ Wrote:And that black hair suits her perfectly!

I was thinking that. She looks great. I still couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what she looked like in real life after watching Monster. She was so believable in that film.
gubi-gubi Wrote:I was thinking that. She looks great. I still couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what she looked like in real life after watching Monster. She was so believable in that film.

Yeah, she went through some serious changes to become Aileen Wuornos. It's amazing the way they changed a beautiful woman into a not so beautiful one.
She does look great in Aeon Flux. Black hair suits her way better than blonde hair, and I think she looks very good with blonde hair.
Haven't seen the movie but the game as an awesome opening action scene where it starts with Aeon from the anime and gradually changes to a CGI Aeon from the movie.

Really looking forward to seeing the movie.
im not saying she doesen't look great i was just saying she doesen't look anything like aeon is supposed to. Obviously being anorexic is not what im looking for but she could of at least gotten the clothes or even the hair right. Im prolly just over reacting but for some reason that really bothers me. Maybe cus the hair was supposed to be one of her trademarks in the anime
Never mind. This movie is already gone from the cheap seats. Went to check for shows tomorrow and it's gone. Insane. It must have really tanked around here.
I think the movie tanked big time everywhere.

The original animated series is quite interesting though. Especially the new dvd versions (which have been touched up, and a lot of new stuff added to the overall style). My only gripe is that it has no continuous story. Every episode is just random.
Sounds kind of like Spirit Warrior in a way. Man do I regret getting that. It was decent even though the series was totally random. Only five eps that were about an hour and a half long. Anyway I thought about seeing ths movie but the part where she kills the fly with her eyelash or whatnot kind of grossed me out so yeah.
Pages: 1 2