Import Anime Forums

Full Version: A little technical help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys i've been having a lot of trouble downloading stuff with ABC lately and i'm not sure why. i was wondering which ports i should have open for it as well. if you guys had any tips or ideas as to what might be wrong. it works sometimes and then just stops working, says it's connected but the dl rate is 0.0 and at the bottom it says webservice inactive? yet my internet and everything is working. i'm such a noob with this stuff if you guys could help out at all i would really appreciate it.
Don't know your problem but you could try Azureus client or Utorrent. Both very good although azureus slows your pc down if its an oldie.

Ports used for bittorent are 6881-6889.
elcoholic Wrote:Ports used for bittorent are 6881-6889.

I don't think it matters and a lot of ISPs block known P2P ports. I'm sure mine blocks the Azureus ones so I had to change them.

Do you have a router Joe? If you do you will need to forward the ports. Sometimes though some torrents are just slow as hell. I've been downloading a rare anime for like over a month now.
yeah i have a router, have three computers on it right now. how do you forward the ports from there? i'll try and look it up.
Homeless Joe Wrote:yeah i have a router, have three computers on it right now. how do you forward the ports from there? i'll try and look it up.

http://www.portforward.com then look up your router and follow the directions for it.
lol that's where i went to try and figure it out, but it still wasn't working and i got tired and just left it alone Sad i was having trouble determining what model router it was, it's a belkin but other than that i couldn't tell. didn't find it on the router itself and i can't find a box or anything.
You could try looking on the serial number or around there for the Model Number. But most of the time just go into your router settings, should be called something like Port Forwarding or Applications and Gaming. Then just give a rule that forwards the ports that you want open to the computers IP address that is running the client.
thanks for all the help guys, i went and was checking out portforward.com, said i needed to set up a static ip address, was about to do that but then it said i'd need to do the same for all the computers on the network....that wouldn't cause any problems would it? for using the internet or playing world of warcraft or anything like that right?
You don't need a static IP address's setup on all your computers.. you can use the DHCP ones you would just have to change the Port forwarding rule if your computer that your using torrent on changes ip address's on a reboot.
k cool i'll go ahead and try it then, thanks a lot for the help