Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Problem with dvd burner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I just transfered my pioneer burner from one computer to my new one finally. Problem is it doesn't burn. I installed all the crap from the cd. It plays dvds fine but it won't burn. =/ If anyone has any ideas why i'd appreciate it.
Fixed it. I uninstalled everything related with burning and reinstalled everything and now it works for no reason.
Fixed it again myself, feel free to delete the whole topic. Just had to install a different version of nero and it worked for some reason.
Heh yeah, I was gonna mention installing a new version of Nero. That's usually the problem with most dvd burners.
It's odd though. I installed the same version I was using on the other computer and then it decided not to work on this one. Oh well, at least I got it working.
Cidien Wrote:It's odd though. I installed the same version I was using on the other computer and then it decided not to work on this one. Oh well, at least I got it working.

Hmm im having some weird problems with my nero aswell. Just reinstalled windows and got a new hard drive and when I reinstalled nero it keeps saying in the burning rom that 'this version only supports recorders' when I select my writer. If I use nero express it recognises my writer and everything works fine :confused:.
Nero express is better anyways. =P Only time i've ever used regular nero is when i had SW ep 3 as an iso file I had to burn to a dvd.
Ya, now that I got it to burn it completely breaks. It won't read any kind of discs now. First it only wouldn't read dvd and cd-r's but would read like my FEAR disc. Now it doesn't read anything. I can't tell you how much I hate this dvd burner. Don't wanna buy anything from pioneer again. It was a pain from original installation to now when it died for no reason. (plus for some reason it slowed down my computers...)
heh weird. I have had Pioneer for a while now and haven't had any issues with the burner at all. and i used to burn all the time. YOu sure its not something messed up with your Windows installation? because if drivers get messed up or something installed and screws with your drives then this can cause problems.. heh you haven't put a Sony CD in your system have yea?
Ya but the thing is it was working just fine albeit slowing my computer down like it did the other one. If it was the drivers it shouldn't have worked ever.
Windows always does weird things.. At one point my windows anytime i would burn a CD in my burner i would loose internet connectivity. (Don't ask me what those two have in common but it happened) as soon as the burn was done i could browse the internet just fine.. very weird. i finally reinstalled windows clean and my problems went away.. I have learned with Windows expect the unexpected..