Import Anime Forums

Full Version: psx iso's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone know where you can download psx iso files? Especially the suikoden games. Just realized I could play them with the 360 controller lol. Just got an emulator and been trying out my ps1 games on it. It does lag a bit though which is strange. No idea why. FF7 is probably the worst. The same emulator plays fine on my friends laptop that's like 1/5 the power of my computer. If anyone has any ideas on that too i'd appreciate it.
Cidien Wrote:The same emulator plays fine on my friends laptop that's like 1/5 the power of my computer. If anyone has any ideas on that too i'd appreciate it.

Maybe your computer just needs to be wiped and started afresh with a clean windows install or something. Adware could be slowing it down. My computer needs wiping every 6months or so as it gets so slow... As for finding iso's maybe DC++? There are quite a few hubs that come up when I type PSX into the hub list.
does isohunt still work?

It was something like isohunt.org or isohunter.com
Rav gave me the link years ago. Last time I tried it the server was down, but I don't know if it was perminet or not.
Batz Kage Wrote:does isohunt still work?

It was something like isohunt.org or isohunter.com
Rav gave me the link years ago. Last time I tried it the server was down, but I don't know if it was perminet or not.

Do you mean http://isohunt.com/ ? A few things come up when you search for PSX.
PSX
Suikoden II PSX.nrg

ios on there if that helps :S
Ya I have no idea what an nrg file is.
Suikoden 2 and 3 are on mininova.org with seeders.
Exactly, mininova is loaded with psx games. Then again it's hard to find specific titles with actual SEEDERS. A .nrg is a nero image file. I believe EPSXE can still read them fine.

Also if the emu is lagging, it may be because you have it configured wrong. PSX emulators are quite picky unless they're configured properly. (usually has to do with graphic settings)
desfunk Wrote:Exactly, mininova is loaded with psx games. Then again it's hard to find specific titles with actual SEEDERS. A .nrg is a nero image file. I believe EPSXE can still read them fine.

Also if the emu is lagging, it may be because you have it configured wrong. PSX emulators are quite picky unless they're configured properly. (usually has to do with graphic settings)

Please do explain, I've been wanting to get into PSX & N64 emulation.

Strangely enough for once I feel like a noob, 'cause I don't know where to get started on the N64 emulation. SNESMAX was the only site I knew that was truely reliable & they changed their name & server probably 5-6 years ago & I never found out what they became.

As for PSX emulation, the closest I'm came was playing my hard copy of FF8 on my computer with no sound or saving capibilities.
What are you actual system specs, videocard, etc?
question; can EPSXE play burnt isos?
I once tried Dream Cast emulation, & the emulator was supposed to be able to play both isos from the harddrive or CD. I tried & it couldn't read it from the harddrive, so I burnt it on to a CD & still it wouldn't read it. I'd like to hope it wasn't just a bad copy of the game, but I guess that could have been it. Anyways, I just got fed up & trashed it all.

Could anyone point me in the direction of a good N64 emulator & maybe a good site for roms. I'd assume I could find them through torrents, but I do much preffer html d/ls.
nvm I just read the answer to the epsxe question -_-. Kinda gay actually. They're developing emulators to replace a console that you could buy for like less than 50 bucks..

Why fret about compatibility when you could just buy the console to go along with the games you've already bought.

Anyone know a good psx emulator that can play isos?
The only site I rely on for this sort of thing isn't in English, so I can read the #/10 star rating, but I don't know the specs...
Batz Kage Wrote:Why fret about compatibility when you could just buy the console to go along with the games you've already bought.

What do you mean? If you have the games wouldn't you have the console anyway? If you mean the otherway round as in buy the console then the games, old games can cost loads. Even more than the consoles in somecases...
gubi-gubi Wrote:What do you mean? If you have the games wouldn't you have the console anyway?

That's my point. I wanted to know if the emulator could play pirated games. I was reading on their forum, & come to find out they don't support pirating, hence the emulator can only play real games you'd buy in the store. Least that's how I took it mean. It can't play isos anyways.
Batz Kage Wrote:That's my point. I wanted to know if the emulator could play pirated games. I was reading on their forum, & come to find out they don't support pirating, hence the emulator can only play real games you'd buy in the store. Least that's how I took it mean. It can't play isos anyways.

Oh I get ya. Do you mean bleam or whatever it's called? I think I remember thinking exactly the same thing when I heard about that.
Pages: 1 2