Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What is the difference with those:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could you tell me the difference between:

-Rurouni Kenshin Perfect Collection (Mac) 10 DVDs
-Rurouni Kenshin TV Series Limited Edition Box Set (FX) 12 DVDs
-Rurouni Kenshin TV Series Perfect Box Set (EZ) 12 DVDs

and also the difference between:

-Rurouni Kenshin - Samurai X - OVA (Anime Studio) 1 DVD
-Rurouni Kenshin Memory (Manga Int) 2 DVDs

Finally, I would like your opinion about which of those two "series" would do the perfect Kenshin Collection.

Thx! =)
The EZ set should be a rip of the FX 12 disc.
I have the 10 disc set. As far as I know the only difference between the 10 & 12 disc sets is the compression (less the 12 disc sets have the movies too???)
Sargatos Wrote:Could you tell me the difference between:

and also the difference between:

Finally, I would like your opinion about which of those two "series" would do the perfect Kenshin Collection.

Thx! =)

Are the TV series..back in '04 or so, we decided to come up with a convention to naming shows to avoid confusion..I try to clean up every now and then to make it easier..I changed the name for you. The three sets on the bottom are the same sets repackaged in a slightly different way.

Now for the OVAs

Samurai X, is the name that ADV films decided to give to the first Kenshin OVA that came out in the late 90s, and fans were eager for more, so a second OVA came out called Memory or Seisouhen, I will change the names when I am done with this post. The timeline for you to watch is

Kenshin OVA 1, TV series stop at episode 62, the rest will be very difficult to watch, and watch Kenshin Seisouhen. There is a movie, but it really doesnt have a timeline, it can be watched after the first OVA or TV series. If you can read the manga, and sub. Seisouhen.
I really didn't mind the eps. after 62. So what if they weren't in the manga. Its Kenshin!

If you want the complete set get the FX or EZDVD 12 discs and samurai x OVA. Watch them in the order Rei said (only I think you should just watch all 96 eps. before watching the final Seisouhen movie. Some people don't like the anime after ep. 62 because that part was made up by the anime creators and isn't based on the manga like the first 62 eps.)
Ok so if I understood well, I should take "Rurouni Kenshin - Samurai X - OVA (Anime Studio) 1 DVD" first because it's the first part of kenshin story and then I should take one of the 12dvds set.

But one thing I don't understand is why "Rurouni Kenshin Memory" as 2dvds and Rurouni Kenshin - Samurai X - OVA" as 1dvd. It's the same isn't it?

P.S. Sorry if I don't understand very fast. I normally speak french so my english is a little bad.
http://www.import-anime.com/store.php?pa...em_id=4521
movie/ova collection

http://www.import-anime.com/store.php?pa...em_id=4603
TV series

Both in stock. This is all there is of Kenshin. Buy this and you're set.

Now if you buy it start with the Samurai X ova's. I don't have that movie collection myself but I'd guess its the first disc and the second is the movie and Seisouhen finale. The ova's talk about Kenshin as a kid and how he became such a badass. Must see stuff.

After the ova's just watch the tv series and finish of with the second disc of the movie/ova collection.

I think the samurai x ova's you need to see at the start are 2 30 minute shows (or were it 4 shows??? don't remember).

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.
around about episode 50 or 60 like 30 or so before the end or maybe less i couldn't stand anymore. I just can't stand the whole 10 episodes of straight fighing or back story in a row. Maybe that is common to this genre i dunno but honestly i almost stopped watching bleach cus as sometimes it never seems to go anywhere for 5 or so episodes.

But maybe thats just me

Kenshin btw is kinda strange it's

good-really good-good-great-amazing-great-alright-ok-unbearable-boring as dirt-alright again. or something like that it has no constant flow of increasingly good or increastingly bad episodes.

I just thought i should warn you

P.S. the ova's are amazing and should be in every anime collection with or without the series. In fact it is prolly worth it to watch the series to appreciate the ova's more but that might be a little overstated
The only reason why Kenshin gets "boring" is because it stops following the manga..The first 60 episodes or so are awesome Smile..The Kyoto Arc is still one of the best arcs in anime, in terms of animation and story