Import Anime Forums

Full Version: return policy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just noticed in some of the descriptions of the sale items that they may/may not be "gatefold" style packaging...
this might sound anal but i kinda like gatefold... i've seen some other sets that drop 4 or 5 discs into a box with a bit of foam between each one... very nice!

so before i order, i was wondering, if i'm not happy with my purchase, can i return them based on the packaging?
for the most part, i'm pretty sure that the packaging would be of decent quality... i just don't want a bunch of new foam...

thx
I don't know what JJ's actual return policy is but I can vouch that the packaging is first rate. The "gatefold" style packaging can be nice and has been a standard of HK DVDs for some time. It's a piece of cardboard with nice printing on it and plastic disc trays glued into place.

More recently, I've noticed releases moving away from the gatefold style of packaging to the more common clam shell style releases which still have nice artwork on them and are packaged with three discs in the space that one traditional disc would take. These clamshells are very similar to the cases that you would find new releases packaged in at any retail store near you.

Depending on how many DVDs you order from JJ you can expect your discs to either be packed in a padded envelope or a small box with enough padding to keep your discs from rattling around.

I hope this answers any questions you may have about the packaging. We'll have to wait and see how JJ weighs in on the return policy. I'm sure that if you wanted to pay the return shipping for the discs that he would probably refund the price of the discs but not the shipping charges. But that's just a guess... you'll have to wait for his answer to be sure. Any time I've ever had a problem with a disc he's just mailed me a replacement to take care of it. Very prompt service and very nice to deal with... those are the main reasons I stick around here (that... and he's a nice guy as well).
tommydynamite Wrote:so before i order, i was wondering, if i'm not happy with my purchase, can i return them based on the packaging?

If you order an EZDVD set then send it back because of the packaging then I doubt it as they all come in clamshells if that's what you mean...
gubi-gubi Wrote:If you order an EZDVD set then send it back because of the packaging then I doubt it as they all come in clamshells if that's what you mean...

To be simple if you don't want it avoid EZDVD some FX one's came in regular DVD cases as well though. But only one that I've seen. BTW what's the big deal I really don't get it.
Ok to understand the question, you are looking for sets that are gatefolds, thick fold out packaging for sets... if thats the case, the DO NOT ORDER EZDVD releases, they are all amaray regular sized dvd boxes that fit from 1 to 6 dvds per box.

my return policy is that of replacement of defective discs, if you dont like the packaging, please do not order, if unsure about what kind of packaging the set you looking at is, email/ask me or anyone else on the forum same way as you posted this question.

It costs money to ship things. There and back.. why waste when you can ask.
How do you fit 6 discs in a regular sized disc container? I've been wondering about that. For instance, how is EZDVD's twelve Kingdoms 6 DVD set packaged?
Magic hehe... it fits, all i can tell you heh (havnet opened a set to know how but guessing they have 2 pages in there that hold a dvd per side, including the case itself = to 6 side/discs.
JunkieJoe Wrote:Magic hehe... it fits, all i can tell you heh (havnet opened a set to know how but guessing they have 2 pages in there that hold a dvd per side, including the case itself = to 6 side/discs.

4 on the two main sides and 1 on each side in the middle swinging slot.
Sounds fine... i've decided to order and take my chances... besides... they're CHEAP!!... and i can always trade right?
(haha!)

the 'big deal' for me was the 'foam' packaging i mentioned in the original post. One of my early purchases was the streetfighter II V series that came in a non-standard "fat" dvd case... my guess was that this case would have these "sleeves" you mentioned to hold the 4 discs inside... instead, they were packed on top of each other with foam in between...
really nice... i ended up repacking each of the discs in the set in a new dvd case.

as long as the individual discs are being secured in some sort of holder (to avoid slipping/scratching, etc) then i'll be happy... which is the idea i'm getting with the "sleeves".

(my R1 of Jubei Chan Collection came in a thicker dvd case (about 3 times) with these "sleeves" in between, it'll be interesting to see how 6 discs are gonna fit cleanly into a standard dvd case...)
Wink
tommydynamite Wrote:(my R1 of Jubei Chan Collection came in a thicker dvd case (about 3 times) with these "sleeves" in between, it'll be interesting to see how 6 discs are gonna fit cleanly into a standard dvd case...)
Wink

In that case what you thinking of is a brick case I believe.
No its not the brick case Puppet Master, i know the kind of packaging Tommy is talking about, AS used to do those a while ago, but they abandoned it, guess not many people liked it, and yes Street Fighter II V is a set I specifically recall being like that
yeah... the foam made for great frisbees though...

haha!
So i just received the shipment and i have to say i'm pretty impressed with the cases...
nice packaging... discs are well protected...

My only concern was with the 6 disc 12 kingdoms set... with two discs on each inside cover, my paranoia struck since the backing of the top disc was in such close contact with the bottom disc... *scritch scratch*

(note: they are not one atop the other... they are set high and low and secured... but about a third of the discs overlap each other).

But then i just bought a copy of the Sin Ciy extended special edition and the two discs were packaged in the same way... *grrrrrr*

I think it's alright though... the discs don't move... just take a bit of care in taking them in and out and all should be good...

oh and thanks for the prompt service!! i'm looking forward to watching all these series someday... *sigh*... so behind...
Who do i contact in regard to returning a defective disc? I bought the Gungrave FX set which errors on the 5th EP (any eps after this are unplayable) it crashes in my DVD player and my computers DVD-rom wont even recognise the disc, which is really bad since the anime is so good im addicted! Arg withdrawal symptoms!
Send a private message to junkiejoe and work out details with him.
Pages: 1 2