Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Other Anime sites...?and one other thing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I could use a bit of help if you all don't mind.A few years ago I ordered some FX anime DVD's from another site but can't remember the addy for the life of me. The prices were similar to the ones here(from $18-$21) for the sets. Don't worry, they had other DVD's Import-Anime doesn't offer so they won't be taking business away but I was very pleased with the service...would really appreciate if anyone has some ideas. One other thing, when I ordered before FX was considered the best copies...still true or is EZDVD on par?Curious to know what you think. Thanks!
Chris
cookiejarvideo might be that site but i kinda doubt it cus its a tiny bit more expensive sometimes.

I think EZDVD has done some really good sets i have the paranoia agent one and its great just check the import anime reviews and that should tell ya most of the time
Sephiroth_14760 Wrote:Ok I could use a bit of help if you all don't mind.A few years ago I ordered some FX anime DVD's from another site but can't remember the addy for the life of me. The prices were similar to the ones here(from $18-$21) for the sets. Don't worry, they had other DVD's Import-Anime doesn't offer so they won't be taking business away but I was very pleased with the service...would really appreciate if anyone has some ideas. One other thing, when I ordered before FX was considered the best copies...still true or is EZDVD on par?Curious to know what you think. Thanks!
Chris

From what I've seen the EZDVD are good I?ve written reviews for their sets personally and I haven?t run into any problems with theirs.
the worst set i've purchased was their bleach set. the video quality was poor and the subs sucked. i'm glad to hear that some of their other work isn't bad, but now i'm really careful when i buy thier sets, my advice would be to read the reviews or ask about specific ones before you buy.
Thanks guys that does help a bit. I went digging and found a couple old slips, one from discount anime and another for a store that didn't feel much of a need to put their store name or url on the packing slip. The funny thing is I think that's the one I wanted because the prices are right. So all I know is they're based in Nepean Ontario, Canada...Oh, and this is such a minor thing really but I really like the boxes the FX stuff comes in, looks very professional. The EZ stuff look as good?I'm gonna go check out some of the reviews now but thanks for the help Smile
Sephiroth_14760 Wrote:Thanks guys that does help a bit. I went digging and found a couple old slips, one from discount anime and another for a store that didn't feel much of a need to put their store name or url on the packing slip. The funny thing is I think that's the one I wanted because the prices are right. So all I know is they're based in Nepean Ontario, Canada...Oh, and this is such a minor thing really but I really like the boxes the FX stuff comes in, looks very professional. The EZ stuff look as good?I'm gonna go check out some of the reviews now but thanks for the help Smile
Import-anime ships from Nepean, Canada. Thats where JJ is from.
Ahhh I see mystery solved then Cool That's what I really like about this site people are friendly and really cool Smile I have to order pretty soon and JJ has some awesome prices. Something that concerns me though...and I hope this isn't taken the wrong way. Going through some old posts I read that EZDVD is using cheaper/smaller cases than FX did? My comp crashed as I was reading the posts so I'll have to look again. Like I said I thought FX cases were awesome and one of the Perfect collections(S-Cry-ed) I want is sold in FX(diff site) and EZDVD(here) If the cases are just as good I'd much rather buy here. Does anyone feel generous enough to post a pick maybe to help me out? Back to the past posts
Scratch that, just went through a bunch of old threads and found one with some pics posted. The new cases don't look too bad but I wish they'd stuck with the folding one with the art work