Import Anime Forums

Full Version: the perfect age
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hey guys i was just curious as the the legal age of consent for where you live, here in california it's 18.
Homeless Joe Wrote:hey guys i was just curious as the the legal age of consent for where you live, here in california it's 18.

As in consent for sex? Here in the UK it's 16 same as it is for smoking. Drinking is 18. Stupid how you can get married and have kids but you can't drink at your wedding or even drive to it as you have to be 17 to drive!
I was told it's 16.
Then when one of my buddies stated this infornt of another friend who works at a law office we were informed that it has been changed to 18 as of 4 years ago.. Really I don't know though.
17 here in Missouri. If you don't actually know the answer to this question, or are just curious about others go here. http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm
Damn, people make websites for the stupidest things. I wonder who came up with that idea.

It seems in my country its 12/16 whatever that means. I always thought it was ok for a 14 year old to have sex with a 17 year old but not an 18 year old. Atleast as far as the law goes.
elcoholic Wrote:Damn, people make websites for the stupidest things. I wonder who came up with that idea.

It seems in my country its 12/16 whatever that means. I always thought it was ok for a 14 year old to have sex with a 17 year old but not an 18 year old. Atleast as far as the law goes.

Yeah, that stuff is really damn confusing. Why can't they just say, no Sex unless you are this old. It would make it a lot simpler, and not seem to contradict itself. But I think that also has do with it being more of a legal reference site than anything else (which is why I don't understand half of wth they are talking about). But I read yours and as far as I can tell, it is, or maybe was by now ok at the ages from 12-16 to have sex with a consenting minor, but if the parents didn't like it, you're screwed (and gross to begin with IMO). Over sixteen is apparently considered adult, but there is a shit load of contradiction so I can't really tell wtf is up. Also, I don’t get why they say consenting so much, it is like a big no shit to me if they don’t consent, it is illegal.
after being stationed in many countries (Japan, Korea, & Guam) I feel that when in doubt ask to see an ID. There is an old saying, " Just old enough, yea just old enough to get trouble over"
I really don't like how strict those laws here are. Hell if someone wanted to they coulda sent an ex girlfriend of mine to jail for rape. I wouldn't feel so bad about that now though lol. She was a chronic liar. Hate liars.
It says in that website that here it's 14/16 but I know for a fact that it's 16. However, we aren't particularly strict about that here. I mean if we're talking about a 35 year old adult with a 14 year old that means trouble but nobody's going to arrest an 18 year old for dating a 14 year old.
Is anyone else shocked at the number of 12 year old ages of consent? 14 I guess is ok as I remember being horny as hell then but it's still a little wierd but 12?! Surely there should be some universal age of consent?
any way you look at it its gross, twelve, fourteen...might as well be the same...i have a buddy who had his first when they were both 14...i give him shit all the time for it...nothing like reminding your friend he screwed a 14 year old. though were i am, its 16, which is still way to early...what ever happened to a little thing called marriage?
A monster ran it over.

I was 15 and too young. It's harder when you're that age though lol. My recent ex always got irritated with me cuz I didn't give her enough sex lol. Now that i'm older the risk is kinda greater than the reward kinda thing. =/
I don't think it's so much about age as it is about being ready for it. Biologicaly speaking girls mature faster than boys but even if an 11 year girl's body is fully equiped for procriation her mind most likely isn't. There are people who are ready at the age of 15, others later. I just think the most important thing is to be responsible and use a condom. Being a parent as a teenager sucks and STDs are something one must definitely avoid.
I find it funny that you titled this thread "The perfect age." Um, a lot of these ages listed here are ceratinly not the perfect age to me... I also just remembered i'm 20 now, and not 19 as i keep forgetting. No matter what's going on, i really feel like if my peers are messing around with 16 year olds that's no good. (as good as it might seem wink wink) I just feel that they are in totally different worlds in various ways.
I think that Andromeda picked out a very valid point. EVERYONE matures at a different rate and saying that one age is better than another for EVERYONE is kind of crazy. I know that when I was 14 that I thought I was ready but I'm glad that I waited a few years before becoming sexually active.

Unfortunately, laws have to apply to all people so you have to look at the lowest common denominator when writing them and they have to be simple enough so that people aren't confused by them. In ancient times people didn't live nearly as long as they do now so women were expected to start child bearing as soon as they were physically able... this means motherhood at 12 was fairly common. I guess that is still true in some remote areas of the world still.

In modern societies, people are expected to learn more and be prepared to accomplish more in their life so early child bearing is seen in a negative light here which is one of the main reasons we make these laws. We also keep people from participating in "adult" decision making till the age of 18 (voting age) which further makes any age below that look even younger to the majority of us who have lived past that age.

Personally, I like the idea of an age of consent at the age of 16 with some sort of provision for younger kids to fool around without the fear of going to jail or being labelled a statutory rapist. Mostly, I want to find a way to make it ok for younger kids to fool around while protecting them from older predators. The hardest part is defining "younger" and "older". I think most people would agree with me that a 40 year old man picking up a 16 year old girl is just icky and should be avoided.
Pages: 1 2 3