Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Saint Seiya DVDs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I need some infos on Saint Seiya DVDs that I wanna buy. Unfortunately I couldn't find any reviews on this site, so I would be glad if anyone could give me some information.

AC5158 Saint Seiya Movies (4 in 1) = 1DVD
AC5067 Saint Seiya The Hades Chapter Sanctuary OVA = 1DVD
AC089 Saint Seiya the Hades Chapter Sanctuary TV = 3DVDs

The only thing that really matters to me are the subtitles, the video quality doesn't have to be perfect, neither the sound. Are these the best versions I can get (Hades DVDs) ? Thank you guys!
If you are looking for Hades then I assume you have already seen the regular TV series, Asgard and Posoiden chapters. The movie you are talking about is from the heaven chapter, it's kind of like a OVA prequel to the Heaven Chapter that will release in Japan soon. Heaven chapter is set after Hades chapter and is not based on any manga, the production company just made it up.

As for Hades: Santuary Chapter is a 13 episode OVA. The subtitles are pretty good, almost perfect most of the time. Then there is a continuation of Hades called "Inferno Chapter" it's in the process of airing in Japan now and is a 6 episode OVA. Don't expect a HKDVD rip until late 2006.

Oh and if I were you I would avoid the movies, they all suck and have no real relation to the TV series.
Hey Ryujin,

Thanks for your reply. I think I'm gonna buy the Hades Chapter only then. I hope the subtitles are good, because they really suck on my Sanctuary Chapter DVDs and kill all the fun watching them. I often ask myself how the hk companies are translating the japanese DVDs. I mean, they have to see that they are using wrong names etc. On the other hand, they are sometimes pretty good.
shaka Wrote:I often ask myself how the hk companies are translating the japanese DVDs. I mean, they have to see that they are using wrong names etc. On the other hand, they are sometimes pretty good.

I think the crappier ones with the wrong names etc are simply the chinese dub scripts run the babelfish to translate... Otherwise there's no excuse for some of the unwatchable ones...
I'm glad I got rid of my Sanctuary ones and got the legit Cantonese ones. They are so, so good.

But the first DVD for the Inferno chapter is already out, so you probably wouldn't have to wait until late 2006 to get everything.

But only a 6-ep OVA? That's really short....
Hi

While we're on the subject. I was wondering this DVD boxset was any good. Mainly was wondering about the subs overall and if the Hades DVDs are the DVD version. Can Anyone who onws this set or seen it tell me about it?-

http://cgi.ebay.com/Saint-Seiya-Complete...dZViewItem

Thanks
That's a pretty good deal but I can't comment on subtitles, probably the same as the other sets going around.