Import Anime Forums

Full Version: How is Import?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made a purchase from a different HK site and had a terrible time with it they never shipped me half my order and never replied to any of my Emails, and i was just wondering how IMport was on getting the order out, shipping time and customer service becuase i dont feel like wasting another 50 bucks here.
they've always been great to me so no complaints here.
Very good. I've ordered twice and no problems. I live in Sydney Australia and it takes 10 working days to get here from Canada. Nice packaging and very good customer service... ie quick email replies, everything sealed and neat print out of the things you order.
Ok cool i just wanted to do a little polling before i confirmed my order no need to get screwed twice in the same month.
I like in Canada and get my dvds like 3 days later. I LOVE IT! By far the only site i've used that hasn't screwed me.

Even one time when i was sent a wrong disc, it was replaced without a hassle.
This is the best place I have ordered from. Highly suggested.
-spike- Wrote:This is the best place I have ordered from. Highly suggested.

Seconded. This is renowned for having the best service in the HK trade.
It makes me proud to be part of such a great web site. JJ takes good care of us all and has good reason to be proud of the company that he's built.

If there's a title that you want but you don't see it in the store make sure you mention it in the requests area and JJ will do his best to get it in stock for you. Some people feel that the store doesn't have enough anime to choose from but that's only because JJ only lists titles that he actually has in stock. This means that you get DVDs faster (especially if you live in Canada) from here than from most other sites.

On the rare occasion that you get a bad disc JJ doesn't give you any hassle with replacement discs either.
inuyashawndscar Wrote:Ok cool i just wanted to do a little polling before i confirmed my order no need to get screwed twice in the same month.

That's what the forums are for. The service here is outstanding. I go to multiple forums about these discs and IA is the only store that has never had a complaint serious enough to make a post for.

I've ordered dozens of times and always got what I ordered within 7 days and I live in europe. Stuff gets send out the day after you place the order.

BTW, what store screwed up your order? Just so we know what to expect when someone else thinks of ordering there.
It was SundevilDVD i sent them more than 10 emails and never got one reply so i said F'it i'll cut my losses and take my business somewhere else, i wasnt in the mood to sit and try to get a hold of them over 50 bucks my time is more valuable than that.

Also does JJ or whoever send out a shipping confirmation email when he ships the anime out to you?
Sucks about SDD man. They don't have the best service but they're not known for ripping people off. I'd keep trying on principle. Doesn't take much time to type an email and you can always post at their forums. Or put down a claim with your CC company or paypal.

Anyway, at IA I used to get an confirmation email when the stuff was shipped. I haven't ordered in some time so not sure if he still does that. But my experience is it ALWAYS gets send out the next (working) day.
Last few weeks I have been bad about not sending out confirmation emails, some new buyers got worried, while some repeat costumers also got conserned thinking their orders were not shipped, I havent been sending them due to how busy thinks have been,

Since then I have resumed sending out the usual confirmations of shipment.
maybe this is somewhat off topic but i was wondering why import never seems to pick up other merchandise like wall scrolls or candy and whatnot?

Are they smaller then certain other places and just not have the resources or what?
Cyrus Wrote:maybe this is somewhat off topic but i was wondering why import never seems to pick up other merchandise like wall scrolls or candy and whatnot?

Are they smaller then certain other places and just not have the resources or what?
I remember a long time ago they mentioned something about actions or something. As far as I know the company is nothing more than JJ, so I guess if he's not doing it, he feels it's to much hassle for the bucks, or he just doesn't know of a decent supplier.
inuyashawndscar Wrote:It was SundevilDVD i sent them more than 10 emails and never got one reply so i said F'it i'll cut my losses and take my business somewhere else, i wasnt in the mood to sit and try to get a hold of them over 50 bucks my time is more valuable than that.

Also does JJ or whoever send out a shipping confirmation email when he ships the anime out to you?

Instead of cutting your losses, report him to the bureau of better bussiness. Basically, emailing and telling him you would take action, would probably make the guy do something.