Import Anime Forums

Full Version: We have a winner and a new contest.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm starting this out with a big THANK YOU!!! to everyone who entered. I'm happy to see how many people turned out fun to read poetry for our first ever official contest.

kureejiieshi should be proud of his efforts with the poetry. He had some stiff competition to go up against but it was his epic retelling of The Raven that won this contest (I actually debated on this because of how heavily the final verse borrows from The Raven... but all the other verses were much more original and kept the meter). I was tempted to give the award to Wanderer12 for his Cowboy Bebop haiku because I'm a big fan of the form and the show (Spike is a softy... heh) but it just didn't stand up compared to kureejiieshi's epic.

After being a member for a year and a half he finally broke his silence with some fun poetry. I hope he sticks around and joins in with some of the threads we have around here.

We have a new contest to keep people busy. For this one I'm looking for an illustration of some sort that features JunkieJoe, Schultz, Rei and myself. This can be done as hand drawn art, photoshopped images, screen captures or any other static image that will display on our monitors. Judging will be based on creativity as well as quality of execution (creativity is worth more if things get close). Any illustration containing sexual themes will be deleted but that's about the only restriction I'm placing here.

The winner will have their choice from a wide range of cool things that are even better than the figures that were the prize for the poetry contest (I was informed that they were a lame prize by one forum member). The deadline for entries is 2pm EST on January 7th. All entries must be posted in this thread. I'm looking forward to seeing what people have to come up with... you are welcome to enter more than once but entries are limited to once per person per day.
Very cool, thank you.

Question on the new contest : Do you guys have pics somewhere to be refered to?

-Mike
That would make things too easy.
I know that I have posted pics of myself and Rei in a fairly recent thread while I was in NY (that's my lazy answer for not knowing exactly which thread that pic is in at the moment).
Historically, I'm pretty sure that we have at least one pic of Schultz while he was on his tour of duty (look for pics of freakin big spiders and you might have some luck). I don't remember EVER seeing a picture of JJ though... Hrm... I'll have to see about doing something to remedy this.
Zagatto Wrote:I don't remember EVER seeing a picture of JJ though... Hrm... I'll have to see about doing something to remedy this.

You should leave it so that nobody knows. Keep it mysterious and see what people's idea of him is.
lol, ok, to keep mystery alive i will post a picture of myself without the head!
Zagatto Wrote:I know that I have posted pics of myself and Rei in a fairly recent thread while I was in NY
k found it... 2 down.

-Mike
Here's a first entry based on what info I have available.

-Mike
I am sooooo entering this time. And i've already got a really great idea planned.
And now here is my entry. Since I have no clue what any of you look like (or gender for that matter). I drawn what I could. And since there are no faces, nothing says 'no face' better then the laughing man.

Hope you guys like it:

[Image: importanime_cast.jpg]
lol Rei got breasts!
Isn't rei a guy...

anyway I liked the bringing anime more into it idea... but with these guys, we don't know what they look like because they don't want us to more so then a hack... secretly running the show from behind aviatars...

-Mike
I have no clue what Rei was. Anyone using a name after a female sailor scout and using the same pic for an avatar seems like a female to me. If rei really is a guy, i'll have to do some 'tweaks', won't I? Not like it would be hard to take the breasts off. But now it'll be tainted

See what I mean by not even knowing the gender of people here.

//edit// HUZZAH!!! Now nobody will know the difference!!!

//edit2// if you didn't notice, the picture is based on the colour scheme of the website, in case anyone is wondering why everything is blue
awww.... I was amused by Rei with boobies.
Don't worry... that picture still exists... just not here lol
Anyone who is by an FYE may want to pop in and check the price on the Evangelion Platinum Boxset... It was $89.99 with $9.99 off to make it $80.00 only thanks to a glitch they marked it $89.99 with $80.00 off which means $9.99 for a the complete 6 dvd region 1 boxset that came out less then a month ago.

The mistaken price was also located on there site and still can be seen there however the online inventory is currently out of stock.

I was able to slip an order in last night before they started rejecting orders for them and recieved confirmation on it being processed... so I've a copy coming to me when they get them back in stock. (well 5 copies really... I mean its frickin' 10 bucks a pop...)

Anyway no clue how many were mismarked but this isnt isolated to any location so good luck in finding them.

-Mike
Pages: 1 2