Import Anime Forums

Full Version: DVD Player + G-Dangaioh R1 Disc Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got a new R1 DVD (G-Dangaioh Vol 1 by Viz Video) today and when I put it into my DVD player (Toshiba SD2700), it begins playing at the "FBI WARNING" like most DVDs do. But then that's all it does. Nothing else happens. It just stops at the warning and I can't do anything else. The timer on my player stops at exactly 9 seconds every time 00:09. None of the controls on my remote will do anything.

At first I thought the disc was defective but then I tried it on my DVD-ROM drive and a Sony DVD player and it played perfectly fine. So I think the problem doesn't lie with the disc. But something like this has NEVER happened with my Toshiba before. In fact, its never had a single problem since I bought it, and its only a year old.

I was thinking of returning it for a replacement but I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen since I think the problem is with my player.

Does anyone know of something I can do to skip that "FBI WARNING"? If I could just get past it, I know that everything would be fine. I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks
if u want to skip the fbi warning you would have break macrovision on your player.
ill look around and post if i can help more

the reviews at amazon.com
for your player
are mostly negative.

the same type of problem is mentioned.
u know it never hurts to buy the 5 year warrenty
I've had something simular to 1 of my R1 dvds... it plays the warnining then just "hangs" there... it works fine on my PC DVD-ROM though... it could be a scrached disc or poor dvd having problems reading that disc...

like i bought this spiderman dvd and it wouldnt play on this dvd player saying "Region 1 dvd players only" when the dvd player i have is region 1... so maybe that "hanging" issue is just previous version of how it would stop if the dvd player is not R1