Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Cell phone predictive text, faster?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently i got a new cell and i been doing the whole "lets text eachother thing" with a few girls that i know. I am the slowest person in the world when it comes to cell txting and so i checked out what other features were on my phone. I found a thing called T9 texting. It uses predictive text or atrleast i think thats what its called. Anyway i was wondering if i should take the time to learn how to use it? It seems like it will take a while to get down, but will be dam fast later. basically down the line will i save time by using this?
Wow were have you been? Predictive is pretty standard even on phones the size of a brick lol. Anyway I cant stand it personally as I have to go back and change all the words to words I use which aren't in the dictionary. You can add your own words but I cant be bothered. All you have to do is press the button with the letter you want once and it will predict what you were going to say. There's nothing really to learn.
I hate to admit it but it works. Why do I hate to admit it? Because I'm a pretty fast writer and for a long time I refused to use it out of nothing but pure stubbornness. :p
Anyway, just think of it like this: to write the word "orange" you have to press the no 6 button 3 times, the no 7 button 3 times, the no 2 button once, the no 6 button twice, the no 4 button once and the no 3 button twice. Using the T9 dictionary you just have to press the no 6 button once, the no 7 button once, the no 2 button once, the no 6 button once, the no 4 button once and the no 3 button once. The T9 dictionary will come up with all the possible words, you just have to choose which one you want. The great thing is that it almost always comes up with the word you want first so you don't even have to lose time choosing.
Yeah, it works but it sucks when using names or places. I hate texting anyway. I still call people the old way when I need them.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I hate to admit it but it works. Why do I hate to admit it? Because I'm a pretty fast writer and for a long time I refused to use it out of nothing but pure stubbornness. :p
Anyway, just think of it like this: to write the word "orange" you have to press the no 6 button 3 times, the no 7 button 3 times, the no 2 button once, the no 6 button twice, the no 4 button once and the no 3 button twice. Using the T9 dictionary you just have to press the no 6 button once, the no 7 button once, the no 2 button once, the no 6 button once, the no 4 button once and the no 3 button once. The T9 dictionary will come up with all the possible words, you just have to choose which one you want. The great thing is that it almost always comes up with the word you want first so you don't even have to lose time choosing.
i think the best thinbg about T9 is that there is absolutly no wait, unlike in the old vertion when you have to type in a double letter, i hate that wait >.< Just because T9 doesn't have that problem it seems like a great way to txt message.
elcoholic Wrote:Yeah, it works but it sucks when using names or places. I hate texting anyway. I still call people the old way when I need them.

Really? So far I've had no problems whatsoever with names.

psychooys Wrote:i think the best thinbg about T9 is that there is absolutly no wait, unlike in the old vertion when you have to type in a double letter, i hate that wait >.< Just because T9 doesn't have that problem it seems like a great way to txt message.

Yeah, I hate that wait as well. I didn't have that problem with my previous cell phone since it was one of those that have one button for each letter, no need for T9 either.
I absolutly HATE T9, they say its predictive...but it always predicts completly wrong with me, i dont use it anymore
Just out of curiosity, who here owns a cell phone?
In Portugal 102.3 people out of 100 own a cell phone. The UK is the only country in Europe with more cell phones (102.8%) than Portugal. In the USA only 61% of the population has a cell phone.
I live in a country where everybody has a cell phone, some have more than 1, and nowdays cell phones are basicaly indispensable. It is therefore somewhat susprising to find out that such countries as Japan (71.6%) and the US, which are rich and technologically advanced countries, have less cell phones than a country like Portugal.
odin0425 Wrote:I absolutly HATE T9, they say its predictive...but it always predicts completly wrong with me, i dont use it anymore

i don't absolutely hate it, but i dislike using it. its the same with me... ahhhhh!!!
Over here everyone has cell phones. Even little kids are getting one with which they can only call their parrents. I have 4 cell phones personally (but only 1 card). I don't even have a normal house phone connection anymore. Don't need it since the main phoneline company has a monopoly here and I think its to expensive. And my internet goes through cable. Calling mobile is just as cheap or cheaper than a home phone connection if you know which subscription to take.