Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Fruits Basket Perfect Collection?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'd just like to know if anyone has bought or seen the Fruits Basket Perfect Collection DVDs and if they're any good. It's the boxset with four discs. I think they're the MI ones, but I'm not sure.

I need some more information before I decide to buy it or not...

Thanks! ♥
Kaze Wrote:Hi,

I'd just like to know if anyone has bought or seen the Fruits Basket Perfect Collection DVDs and if they're any good. It's the boxset with four discs. I think they're the MI ones, but I'm not sure.

I need some more information before I decide to buy it or not...

Thanks! ♥

Why would you want the MI four disc when the fx one is perfect? EZDVD redid it so get that one. Ignore the EZDVD review in this site (you did check the reviews right?) the guy hasn't got a clue what he's talking about. Can we delete that review by the way? He gives the audio two stars because "I was disappointed in the English Dub off this series. The voices in English are well... Annoying! It sounded so much in Japanese. Also, I found they used rougher language in the English version. Other than that the sound is great."
Yes, the 3 disk set is great. The MI 4 disk set is "ok" but i have had issues with it myself. Stick with the nice EZ release.

b
gubi-gubi Wrote:Why would you want the MI four disc when the fx one is perfect? EZDVD redid it so get that one. Ignore the EZDVD review in this site (you did check the reviews right?) the guy hasn't got a clue what he's talking about. Can we delete that review by the way? He gives the audio two stars because "I was disappointed in the English Dub off this series. The voices in English are well... Annoying! It sounded so much in Japanese. Also, I found they used rougher language in the English version. Other than that the sound is great."

I still find it hard to believe how bad that review was written.
gubi-gubi Wrote:Why would you want the MI four disc when the fx one is perfect? EZDVD redid it so get that one. Ignore the EZDVD review in this site (you did check the reviews right?) the guy hasn't got a clue what he's talking about. Can we delete that review by the way? He gives the audio two stars because "I was disappointed in the English Dub off this series. The voices in English are well... Annoying! It sounded so much in Japanese. Also, I found they used rougher language in the English version. Other than that the sound is great."

Why? Because right now, someone on E-Bay is selling the MI edition and he doesn't have the FX/EZ one. I'd get that one, except I live in the Netherlands and I can't seem to find it here. Plus, ordering from foreign countries is more expensive, and I don't have Paypal or a creditcard to pay with.

And, since it has the English dub on it, is it all right to assume that it's a (perfect?) R1 rip?
Before I got Fruits Basket perfect direcly from FX I had the MI 4 disc set (sold now). Video & sound were ok but english subs were not. Wrong names, too many typos and several instances of "rushing subs" made it difficult to follow the show with its many characters. Not to mention those annoying MI watermarks (on-screen logos) appearing from time to time.

Can't speak for the re-made EZ set but FX' perfect collection on 3 discs is just as the name implies: PERFECT.
I have the 3 disc perfect collection and it is my favourite series. I think that the voices in English are a little bit irritating but otherwise I love the series and the set I have is really great. I believe I bought it at this very site! Smile
Thanks for replying everyone! I think I'll save up some money to buy the FX one, instead of the MI one.