Import Anime Forums

Full Version: The deal with the "fake" FX sets...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've received quite a few of these sets and want to say that I have yet to encounter any problems with these. The video is sharp, the audio sounds excellent and the subs are fine. I assume that they're fake because they come without the frosty slipcase and some of them are a little larger heighth wise than other FX sets.

In reality, to call them fakes really makes no sense as genuine FX are fake in and of themselves. I've received these sets from A****-T*** website. He's got great feedback and at $6 a disk you can't go wrong.

Before anyone starts yelling and screaming that I'm disrespecting JJ the only reason I'm pointing this out is for those of us who like the FX gatefolds and not the new EZ cases....you can still get gatefolds of popular series. If you've got any questions PM me and I'll get back to you.

SB
yeah i agree. my x TV Set is like that and also with my fushigi yugi sets also (limited one). They came with no slipcases.
I have a few of these sets I ordered from him. Ordered one on ebay and when it was fine I ordered a few more. I like his shipping costs. The problem with store like IA and CJV is quite often I only wanna buy one set at a time and I don't wanna pay $6-8 for shipping for one item. =/
Yes I too have recieved one of those new FX cases. Artisticly, its not that great. Those gate fold looked so much better, and actually looks and feel stronger. These new case seems kinda weak and flimsy : (
Ryokai Wrote:Yes I too have recieved one of those new FX cases. Artisticly, its not that great. Those gate fold looked so much better, and actually looks and feel stronger. These new case seems kinda weak and flimsy : (

I thought as much when I saw pics of the new FX cases. I'm glad to know of a place that has prices like the store here, sells MI sets and does not make people use Paypal when you use credit. The place Snowboarder is talking about sounds good to but I don't like Paypal.

Not to be rude or anything but I mainly come here for the reviews.Smile
Can you post a link for the site you guys are talking about? How does the image on the disk look? Is it the same?