Import Anime Forums

Full Version: hair color changing naturally?? w0w!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok.. my friend and i had a little debate or basically an unanswered question. i'm so confused and need an answer if i can get one. ok...... have u noticed, or seen in pictures of young kids having light hair like blonde, then growing up have brown hair? wat is up with that.. ahhh soo frusterated on that, wanting to know the answer (except the genetics theory), if anyone has an answer please tell now. its been bugging me for awhile now.
I don't know if I can explain it but I do know that my sister grew up with blonde hair that gradually turned brown as she aged and now my daughter, Katina, is experiencing the same phenomena.

My guess is that it's probably tied to the same sort of thing that is making my hair go white in my 30s. It's just a part of aging.

From blonde to brown doesn't seem like a big change to me... if it were blonde to red or black to blonde then I'd be more suprised.
Well, I was born with a fierce crimson color of hair that turned bright blonde by the time I was five. Then, about the time I hit puberty, it started going back to red and peaked about three years ago. After that it began to lighten and now it a red brown. I assume it will stay that way until I start getting older and it turns gray. Both of my sisters were born with black hair and right now it is blond for both of tem, but the eldest of the two's hair has to darkened at lot lately. So, just looking at the timeliness of my own family and self, I would say that it is just part of the development of you body. Every time my body started to o through serious changes, it was switched up on me. The sister I was talking about just turned fifteen, and thoughs changes are happening to her now. I don't have any real evidence to back it up but it does make sense that it is just an outward reflection of the internal changes going on in your body.
That happens to just about everybody. I too was born with dark hair (and blue eyes) which then turned to blonde and that now is dark blonde. My mother was as fair as one can be when she was a child but now her hair is the same colour as mine.
The dark hair color in babies at birth happens due to a hormonal influence of the mother.
The difference in pigmentation in hair is given by the grade of oxidation of melanin. Acid reaction is found in dark hair, alkaline reaction in light hair, and a neutral reaction in red hair.
Hair color can also be influenced by secondary factors, both internal (hormonal factors) and external (effect of sun, washing in alkaline detergents, frequent bathing in sea water), and also by the genetic disposition.

This change in hair colour is pretty normal and the same thing happens with eye colour.
When a baby is first born, the eye still has not fully developed a dark pigment known as melanin that helps ?colour? eyes and skin. Blue or gray eyes (which many Caucasian babies have at birth) in a newborn mean that melanin is virtually absent within the iris.
When a baby is about six months old, pigmentation begins to form and brown or darker eyes might appear. The baby?s eye colour should be determined by about age one, although some people (wishing that happens to me :p) may experience eye colour changes through adulthood.
People of Asian, African-American, Hispanic, or native American descent often have babies who are brown-eyed at birth because of darker pigmentation.
thanks,
i kinda knew i'd get an answer, somewhat, if i asked here. i didnt really get much of wat ur saying Andromeda except for hormones, but thanks.
when my brother was born, his hair was pretty much black. now its gone to some sort of a dark brown. not much of a change but interesting. my hair hasn't changed at all.

Andromeda:you knowledge astounds me lol :p
vegeta76 Wrote:when my brother was born, his hair was pretty much black. now its gone to some sort of a dark brown. not much of a change but interesting. my hair hasn't changed at all.

Andromeda:you knowledge astounds me lol :p

I'm a natural born curious. Big Grin
I had red hair until I was about 7, then it started to get darker and by the time I was 10 I had dark brown hair. Good thing my family takes pictures all the time so I have pics of myself with red hair.
I've got very dark brown hair (pretty much black), and sometimes i randomly get red strands appearing in it. Which is odd, since i don't think there are any red-heads in my family :p
desfunk Wrote:I've got very dark brown hair (pretty much black), and sometimes i randomly get red strands appearing in it. Which is odd, since i don't think there are any red-heads in my family :p

You could have genes for red hair without having red hair the same way a brown eyed person can have genes for blue eyes. Anyway, your red strands can also be caused by exposure to the sun.
It's pretty much to do with sunlight, shampoo type, how often you wash out the nutrients in your hair, and the vitamins and chemicals from the food you eat.

You'll notice that people with light brown hair bordering on blonde in places used to be blonde or much lighter hair colour as children. But what is also interesting is that right combination of vitamins, nutrients and sunshine can begin to change the hair colour back towards blonde. So if you get alot of sun and eat good food and take care of your hair (don't overwash and use the right shampoo) you can naturally lighten your hair colour.
Ryujin Wrote:It's pretty much to do with sunlight, shampoo type, how often you wash out the nutrients in your hair, and the vitamins and chemicals from the food you eat.

You'll notice that people with light brown hair bordering on blonde in places used to be blonde or much lighter hair colour as children. But what is also interesting is that right combination of vitamins, nutrients and sunshine can begin to change the hair colour back towards blonde. So if you get alot of sun and eat good food and take care of your hair (don't overwash and use the right shampoo) you can naturally lighten your hair colour.

Exposing one's hair to sunlight to the point where it gets lighter is very unhealthy.
Sun exposure damages the hair?s natural protective film. According to a study by the Renee Furterer Research Center, after just three days of sun exposure, the scale-like cells that cover each individual hair shaft begin to pull off. This makes the hair dry, dull, fragile and brittle.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Exposing one's hair to sunlight to the point where it gets lighter is very unhealthy.
Sun exposure damages the hair?s natural protective film. According to a study by the Renee Furterer Research Center, after just three days of sun exposure, the scale-like cells that cover each individual hair shaft begin to pull off. This makes the hair dry, dull, fragile and brittle.
wow you know a lot about this stuff Big Grin very informative. i was born with very blonde and straight hair. which i had for years, then it turned to brown, and now that i'm twenty i have light and dark shades of brown hair, with blonde and some red hairs to, and my hair is curly :confused: not only that but my eyes have changed colors, they are mostly green and brown now though. and my beard is the same way!
Ryujin Wrote:So if you get alot of sun and eat good food and take care of your hair (don't overwash and use the right shampoo) you can naturally lighten your hair colour.
i got a problem....i have grown my hair out and now i want to start taking care of my hair. started using conditioner and all that, but i'm totally lost on what's the right kind of shampoo or conditioner, how much to use, and how do you know if you've overwashed your hair? how often are you supposed to wash it? :confused:
Homeless Joe Wrote:i got a problem....i have grown my hair out and now i want to start taking care of my hair. started using conditioner and all that, but i'm totally lost on what's the right kind of shampoo or conditioner, how much to use, and how do you know if you've overwashed your hair? how often are you supposed to wash it? :confused:

If it's overwashed you will find that your hair will turn dry and brittle as you are washing the natural oils away... Once every two days or so is good or if you use a lot of gel/wax then get a gentle daily shampoo and conditioner as they are formulated as not to be to harsh on the hair.
Pages: 1 2