Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Will they ever release Rurouni Kenshin HK-DVD...???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I mean with Japanese/English dual langage? Kinda like FX's Trigun DVD Box Set. When? Big Grin
Most likely not. It's already out on HK. Most companies won't bother releasing a series again. The FX sets were only 26 episodes long. A 95 episode series is a huge under taking. Though we can only wait and see. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
They'd have to finish releasing the Kenshin R1 DVDs first.
They are done releaseing all the Kenshin Dvd's i have had the last one for over 1 month now.. ;o) and anyways why would you even want Kenshin Dubbed. they give him and alot of the other characters really shitty voices..
I had the first Kenshin DVD. It was pretty good in japanese. I flipped it into english and vomited myself to sleep. I am just going to buy the series HK. It would cost way to much to get it on r1s. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
I happen to enjoy the Kenshin dub, thank-you-very-much. Respect other people's opinions, even if they are not yours, ne?
Quote:Originally posted by "Schultz"

They are done releaseing all the Kenshin Dvd's i have had the last one for over 1 month now.. ;o) and anyways why would you even want Kenshin Dubbed. they give him and alot of the other characters really shitty voices..

I'm with Suzaku on this one. The Kenshin Dub was good. I couldn't get into the sub (well the first dvd's Japanese track was fucked up). :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It was very well done. I was going to rent all of Kenshin on DVD (to watch the dub). Now I'm going to buy the bootlegged dub VHS from some guy on ebay (he has good feedback and most of the tapes are in SP). :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I don't know i just really hated it.. Especially Kenshins voice. I watched with a person that didn't even watch Anime he was just there with me when i was watching it so he wasn't used to watching subs . He watched a few episodes and then i switched it to the dubs and he couldn't even stand them. But i guess to show that each person is different.. Now Beserk dubs are pretty good from Animeworks though Caska is too feminine in the English voice..
We can always get into a dub vs. sub debate. It all depends. Sometimes I'm really into switching to a dub. I'm flexible. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Quote:Originally posted by "Marjoh"

I mean with Japanese/English dual langage? Kinda like FX's Trigun DVD Box Set. When? Big Grin

Your wish has been granted
Kindoff pricey though, 68$ for 6 DVDs from animehits.
EDIT : Well looks like flora smarten up a bit, its now selling for 58$, much better price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...1980478533
My comments earlier were not meant to offend. I was just venting my distaste for the dub. I have no problems with people liking dubs. Like I always say "I do what I want"! I didn't mean to step on any toes. I just felt the need to express my feelings about it. Himura's voice was the reason I didn't like it as well. That and I hate anime dubbed. I feel that dubbing anime is a waste of time, and money, but that is just my opinion like it or hate it. You won't change it. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
I too generally dislike dubs, even if it was done proprely something is always lost in the transition. But if it's done well I'll give it a shot, only after I've watched the sub version first
Of course Kakoi, you understand japanese so it's perfectly logical you prefer the subs to dubs.

But there are alot of people who will not watch a subtitle show, I have many friends who are not interested in an anime if it aint dub so for anime to achieve mainstream success in North America it will have to be with dubs, but honestly I dont want to see anime get to mainstream, that would just kill it.

As for kenshin FX, I aint to interested, I already have part 1, and I'm only interested in getting kyoto's Arc, since FX version will be ep1-48 , then ep49-96, and its pretty expensive, 68$ for 6 dvds from a pretty big Hong Kong seller, i will have to get both sets just for kyotos arc. Might as well get part 2 MI or wait until MAC rips and hope the sell kyoto's arc by itself
Could you imagine if all the anime we loved were treated like "Pokemon". That is how I feel anime would be treated if it were to go mainstream. I am hoping that it never happens. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
I wouldn't mind picking up the FX sets some day.. I'm gonna wait for the reviews and maybe attempt to trade my complete MI set.. If someone wants it, then I'd consider FX. That's what I did with my Escaflowne MI set and my Maison Ikkoku AS set. I can't see having 2 of the same set lying around, but I like to trade up to the sub/dub set whenever possible.
The best thing about it has to be the perfect subs. That would be my reasoning behind getting it. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
Pages: 1 2