Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Ramune soda question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK since most of us have probably had or ordered oriental snacks and drinks to go along with anime some night or have been there I was curious if any of you knew the reason they put the glass marble in Ramune Soda bottles? It deffintely is a eye catching thing but I still can't figure out why they do it, anyone have a idea ?
Ramune Soda? What in the world is that?:confused:
I ahvce no clue what you are talking about, but it sounds real cool. What does it taste like?
I'm no expert but I think it's just a simple novelty. I don't think there's any special reason for it. If you don't know what he's talking about watch rahxephon or just google it.
Ramune Soda is available from any oriental food and drink store that deals with Japanese soft drinks. Many of them are on the net. Ramune has quite a few different flavors from Peach and Mellon to lyche and more, My original question comes from the unusual bottle design that uses a glass marble as a stopper instead of a regular cap, you have to use a plunger to push the marble into the bottle to get to the drink itself. Quite different from the usual pop top or twist cap. Deffinatly worth picking up just to watch people tring to figure out how to open one if they never had one before
Mantis421 Wrote:Deffinatly worth picking up just to watch people tring to figure out how to open one if they never had one before

Oh that?s funny hell!Big Grin I'm gonna order some just to fuck with people!Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I know what you mean because I've had ramune sodas before, but I have no idea why they do it, other than the novelty of having a marble in your drink. I think it's really annoying because when you get to the end of the drink, the marble starts to block the hole when you tip it up far enough and actually keep you from being able to finish it. :confused: It's also really loud. :p
I did get a kick out of watching my roommate struggle with the bottle for 5 min until I told her how get the marble out of the wat to get to the drink
I haven't seen the ramune one but in England a long time ago all the milk bottles had it. It was just an early way of stopping the milk falling out or something. Guess they thought it would just be a cool retro thing.
Yeah, I think it's so it's harder to spill, because you can only drink it if you catch the marble in the slots.
My guess would have been that its an old method of having reusable botles where the lids dont need to be replaced.
As for what it tastes like.Ive only been able to try the lemonade one but it tastes like bublegum flavoured lemonade.