Import Anime Forums

Full Version: EZDVD Question(s)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering, is EZDVD doing there own releases?

Well, I saw the stuff they re-did by FX, and its all looks really good.

I was reading revews of Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist, they don't sound very promising, the subtitling mostly.

Are they copying it from, another company or are they doing it on there own?

Just wondering before I buy. Smile

Thanks
They copied FMA and all that from other companies; but I know they did some of their own work Inuyasha Pt 5 and some others but I can't confirm which. Hopefully someone else can offer a better answer than I can.
Ikkitousen and Paranoia Agent were a couple of their own "original" work, weren't they? The quality on these releases seemed decent.

When it came to Wolf's Rain, who ripped from who? The one review for EZDVD version made a hint at being better than MI's version....
Strong Bad 2000 Wrote:Ikkitousen and Paranoia Agent were a couple of their own "original" work, weren't they? The quality on these releases seemed decent.

When it came to Wolf's Rain, who ripped from who? The one review for EZDVD version made a hint at being better than MI's version....

Yeah I believe those are EZDVD originals.
Thanks Big Grin

Just wondering, because, yeah... some of the reviews seemed like quality was lacking, espeically in the subs.
katherine_jean Wrote:Thanks Big Grin

Just wondering, because, yeah... some of the reviews seemed like quality was lacking, espeically in the subs.

Sub Quality wouldn't surprise me at all.. Iv seen plenty a HK dvd with crappy subs. usually ripped from previous versions done by other companies.
i'm not sure about other releases, but bleach was bad. i was very dissapointed. the subs were horrible, most of the time you couldn't tell what was going on, and the picture quality wasn't the greatest either. their other releases may be alright, but i'd read reviews before i buy them.
vegeta76 Wrote:Sub Quality wouldn't surprise me at all.. Iv seen plenty a HK dvd with crappy subs. usually ripped from previous versions done by other companies.

I was under the imperssion that unless a HK is an R1 rip the subs will be bad 99% of the time no matter what, becuase the people that do the subs don't know good english and don't have the official subs to copy from...
Mot_Soldats Wrote:I was under the imperssion that unless a HK is an R1 rip the subs will be bad 99% of the time no matter what, becuase the people that do the subs don't know good english and don't have the official subs to copy from...

Unless they use fansubs they will suck if they did a good HK sub job id be in shock...
Now the obvious question i've always wondered about them and wanted to ask them. Why don't they just rip off fansubs? They'd make so much more money...
Cidien Wrote:Now the obvious question i've always wondered about them and wanted to ask them. Why don't they just rip off fansubs? They'd make so much more money...

I've been wondering that for a long time as well...
Cidien Wrote:Now the obvious question i've always wondered about them and wanted to ask them. Why don't they just rip off fansubs? They'd make so much more money...

I would guess it's because the fansubs aren't anywhere near finished with all of the episodes whereas they already have all the episodes with so-so subs... and they want to get their sets out before any of the other HK companies do...
Amethyst Wrote:I would guess it's because the fansubs aren't anywhere near finished with all of the episodes whereas they already have all the episodes with so-so subs... and they want to get their sets out before any of the other HK companies do...

What? I can pretty much guarantee you they don't sub things faster than a fansub group. Many of them sub episodes less than 12 hours after the episode is aired on tv.....

Although with some of the quality it seems like they just throw random english words together for no reason. I suppose they could do that faster.

And I'd save so much money, I would love to buy the sub only Elfen Lied at my favorite "import" shop but don't want to risk it... I'll most likely buy the R1s since I only have dial up and don't want to wait.Smile
Cidien Wrote:What? I can pretty much guarantee you they don't sub things faster than a fansub group. Many of them sub episodes less than 12 hours after the episode is aired on tv.....

Although with some of the quality it seems like they just throw random english words together for no reason. I suppose they could do that faster.

Then perhaps I should of said that the HK companies seem to have all of the episodes at once whereas the fan sub groups don't, which would be a reason why the HK companies don't rip the subs from the fan subber groups... or maybe they're just not smart enough to think of that? laugh...
Pages: 1 2