Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Maison Ikkoku?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if there will be a release group doing R1 rips of this? FX did the first one then quit, and the MI 10d set is almost impossible to find anymore (I've already had to cancel an order cause they said they couldnt get it anymore...)

Thank you.
saitoh99 Wrote:Does anyone know if there will be a release group doing R1 rips of this? FX did the first one then quit, and the MI 10d set is almost impossible to find anymore (I've already had to cancel an order cause they said they couldnt get it anymore...)

Thank you.

No one knows...
I bought the FX set to replace my vhs collection but to be honest you are best getting the r1s. I started collecting them and they are pretty damn cheap if you buy each set every couple of months or so... I think you can get them for around $33 in some places...
Yea i am loving the R1's i just wish they would put them out faster.. Though i am kinda scared if viz might cancel it again. As i had pre-ordered set 5 on amazon and they came back saying they won't be able to get it in stock.

But i do have the MI set also.. love the show.

Edit: I just checked viz's site you can get 5 and 6 off of viz's site but on amazon they don't list 6 and 4 and 5 are unavalibable. Wonder whats going on with amazon.. Also animenation.com only lists 1-3 box sets.
Schultz Wrote:Edit: I just checked viz's site you can get 5 and 6 off of viz's site but on amazon they don't list 6 and 4 and 5 are unavalibable. Wonder whats going on with amazon.. Also animenation.com only lists 1-3 box sets.

The sets are only available from VIZ and rightstuff. Think they only make a few as they aren't selling well.
http://discountanimedvd.com/detail.asp?d...son+Ikkoku you can get most of the maison ikkoku boxsets here.
I would rather get it from Viz directly or rightstuff then discountanimedvd.

I won't buy from a site that Fakes there prices on Imports to make them look like they have awesome deals. Thats false advertising IMHO.

But i just through it was weird that amazon didn't have it. hopefully they finish it.