Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Is Doom Doomed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I just saw the trailer for the doom movie and honestly, aside from them using a fps pov during some of the fights I think it looks like an average film. Has anyone else seen the trailer?

Although I think karl urban (Eomer from LOTR) and the rock might be an interesting pair, also it seems like they gave all the marines handles since they are normally nameless. Its still a UAC research facility on mars and the enemies are demons and of course they included the chainsaw but there is a lot of room to screw this up.

It looks like one of those movies thats either really good or a huge disaster, plus you would probably have to be a doom fan to like the movie.
I think it's going to suck, but i'll give it a chance and I hope i'm wrong.
I think ID has given up all hope of making any good new doom stuff

I mean lets face it Doom 3 was an ok game but lacked in so many ways from everything from such a limited sound selection which rivals somewhere like the old dooms like chainsaw sounds the same on everything that sorta thing and with just so much story thay you really really don't care about and just lots of other things. I saw the trailor and i was like HECK YEAH cus i love doom actually i think im gonna reinstall final doom and play thru it but thats besides the point. The trailor was awful i was watching it and i was like well ok and the point was........ I might not even see it cus im afraid it will ruin my overall oppinion of doom.......

Aeon flux doesen't look too good either *shakes fist*
It was funny watching the Doom trailer in the theater last week. It had the whole audience laughing the whole way through. I think they may have a cult classic brewing because of how bad it has to be.

As for Aeon Flux, I thought it looked a lot better than I had hoped it would. I originally didn't want anything to do with the live action movie but now that I've seen the trailer I'm kinda looking forward to it. At least I plan on reading the reviews once it hits the theaters. You've gotta remember, I'm averaging one movie per year about now... watching Serenity was a big deal for me. I miss my bachelor days when I was at the movies every week.
i liked the monster effects, but honestly...it stars the rock...how good could it be? i know hes come a long way from the scorpian king...hell walking tall was pretty good, but seriously, now he has to please all the doom fanboys and thats no simple task
Well he (Rock) is stepping into an area that plays to his strengths. He has always been a larger than life person. So putting him in a movie that is all about larger than life things may work. I see this movie going down in 4 ways. First it bombs with everyone. Second it is a hit with core fan base (Doom and WWE fans) Third Smash hit before the winter rush of crappy movies. Finally it's the next Evil Dead, Let's face it the Rock can spit out some one liners.

I will see it in the theaters.
To be honest, after I read IGN's set visit
( http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/656/656678p1.html ),
I am really excited about it. The run down was a good movie, and really showed that the rock can act. He is pretty much exclusively and action star, but he does that really, really well. Ifyou think that a big dumb wrestler is staring in it is going to ruin the movie, just think of how well Andre the Giant did in The Princess Bride rather than Hulk Hogan in, well, anything. Also, it will depend on what you are expecting out of the movie. Lets be honest, was there really a story to Doom? Probably, but it was vague and took a trunk ride to the game play. Forging a story from that real may yield great results. More than likely however, it will be all about the action. And if that is all it is, and it makes no apologies about it, then that's fine.
Blight Wrote:just think of how well Andre the Giant did in The Princess Bride

That's a good point.