Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Tsukuyomi Moon Phase collection, anyone tried it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recenetly I have been seeing 3 disc complete sets of Tsukuyomi Moon Phase floating all over ebay. I dont know the publisher of these sets, but I do have a picture.

I was wondering if anyone here knows the video quality and if the subtitles are any good or not.

[Image: moon_phase.jpg]
I would suggest getting the fansubs their subtitle quality is usually better than HKs. I've watched this series and I wouldn't recommend it. The story starts out slow and doesnt resolve pratically anything in the end. Personally this series just depressed me, but if your into downer anime then you might injoy what little story it provides.
I'll make this short:

Video Quailty: First two eps are DVD-ripped, (R2 source). Nothing but TV-rips as far as the rest of the series is concerned.

Audio Quality: Can't really complain.

Translation Quality: Standard for any HK release.

I honestly wouldn't bother with this since Mahou released the entire show in decent quality not too long ago. Btw, loved Tsukuyomi... and yes, enough to purchase the official R1 releases whenever it becomes available. Just wished someone would license it first. (Need more Hazuki!)
I agree-the fansubs are superior to the hkdvd version, don't think anyone is going to license it for R1.
zrdb Wrote:don't think anyone is going to license it for R1.

Oh I don't know... Tokyopop has the rights to the manga. It's only a matter of time before interest in the anime starts showing up here in the US.