Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Massive DVD Problem with Soul Taker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I bought arround a half year ago the Soul Taker Box here. Finally I found the time to watch it but it doesnt work on my Pioneer DV-606D Player. I get the main menue than the sound cracks and the picture freezes. No trick works. Surprisingly I get it worked on my PC. All the other DVDs I got from the store and are from MAC work just fine. Did I got just a bad DVD or do others have the same problem ?
Hmm, although its some while ago is there a posibility to exchange for a working one ?

Thanks
all
Well, it works on your pc so its no faulty disc. Just a compatibility problem with your dvd player. That happens every now and then with a set. I don't think its reason to get an exchange since there's a good posibility the new set also won't work on your standalone. You could rip it and burn it on a dvdr if you must see it on our standalone. Sucks but that's the price you pay for cheap anime.

BTW, I'm not sure about the exchange policy, its just what I think
elcoholic Wrote:Well, it works on your pc so its no faulty disc. Just a compatibility problem with your dvd player. That happens every now and then with a set. I don't think its reason to get an exchange since there's a good posibility the new set also won't work on your standalone. You could rip it and burn it on a dvdr if you must see it on our standalone. Sucks but that's the price you pay for cheap anime.

BTW, I'm not sure about the exchange policy, its just what I think

Ya, I was gonna say there's no massive problem with soul taker... your dvd player just sucks. Get a new one. A good one.
What your talking about my Pioneer 606 is one of the best. Kinda old now but it can handle even hard descripded regional protection, cause it does it on the hardware side and not on software like todays player.
Guess, I just got bad luck with this DVDs.
starsoldier Wrote:What your talking about my Pioneer 606 is one of the best. Kinda old now but it can handle even hard descripded regional protection, cause it does it on the hardware side and not on software like todays player.
Guess, I just got bad luck with this DVDs.

Well it's no match for MAC and their crappy discs
OMG I hate MAC's crappy disks...... They skip all the time, but luckily i bought a new Sony 5 disk player, newest model... damn. that player plays any disk i throw at it (including MAC disks). And not a single skip. Pioneer isn't a really reliable dvd player to begin with (no offense to anyone who owns one, I speak from experience lol)...... I just think people should try out different players to see which one works the best, my advice: before buying a player, bring a mac disk to best buy or something and try it on the player( to see if it skips or even plays) before buying it. TEST BEFORE BUYING ^_^
elcoholic Wrote:Well, it works on your pc so its no faulty disc.

Not always. In my FX Tenchi box the first disc wont play on anything but the pc but all the others play on all my sets. That sounds faulty to me.