Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Zagatto: Unemployed again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For the first time in my life I told my boss to "Fuck You" and handed in my pager and shop key. What makes me sad is that I was actually enjoying the work I was doing with this job and the pay was better than I've ever made before but I was basically getting paid to put up with bullshit on a daily basis. Last night I finally decided that the money I was making wasn't enough to compensate me for missing time with my family and friends and all the hassles I had to put up with on a daily basis.

What really scares me is that I've managed to work one job for every year of my life (and I didn't start working till I was 14). I still have no idea what it is that I want to do for a living or even if anyone will hire me any more.

Today I have this mixed feeling of relief from having a burden lifted from me along with an overwhelming fear because I have no form of income now.

Guess I'd better stop wasting time hanging out in forums and find myself a new job.
I've always wanted to say Fuck you to my past bosses. Never had the balls, maybe when I was 17 and didn't have responsibities and bills. But damn good for you Zag! Takes some steel balls to tell your boss off! Good luck finding a better job too bro.
evilomar Wrote:I've always wanted to say Fuck you to my past bosses. Never had the balls, maybe when I was 17 and didn't have responsibities and bills. But damn good for you Zag! Takes some steel balls to tell your boss off! Good luck finding a better job too bro.
Congratz, & good luck man.
evilomar Wrote:I've always wanted to say Fuck you to my past bosses. Never had the balls, maybe when I was 17 and didn't have responsibities and bills. But damn good for you Zag! Takes some steel balls to tell your boss off! Good luck finding a better job too bro.

I've told off 2 bosses before . . . and not gotten fired before it. I've never said 'fuck you', but I did sit there and argue with them for a long time. I remember I told my manager at Circuit City that he was a 'cancer on the morale of the employees'. And before that, he told me to do something and I was like 'No. Get someone else to do it.' But then again, I was younger then and didn't have any real bills, so I didn't care if I lost the job or not.

Well, good luck Zag. You can always get a temp job. Not sure if they have those in Canada. But I worked for a temp agency several times when I was looking for work.
I walked out of my first job after 2 weeks and never called them or spoke to them again, that was when I was 15. My bosses were total aholes.
Well... I'm 35 now and this was my 34th job (I just did an inventory of my job history) and I have to say that it was easily the worst job I've ever had.

You guys have seen me as a moderator for long enough to know how much patience I can have with people and how seldom I swear. Being reduced to F*ck you meant that I had run out of vocabulary to describe my feelings. Today has been a crazy mix of relief for being done with that job and fear for the future. I'd like to think that I'm a good worker but having been fired a year and a half ago, running a business until I was almost bankrupt then taking this job that ended with me walking out makes me wonder about myself. If I were hiring at a company and I knew about my job history then I wouldn't hire me.

Fortunately, I have a bunch of good friends in the area who have already pointed me towards some decent leads. With luck I'll be working again within the month.

Thanks for the support guys.
And it did feel pretty good telling my boss off. That scares me.
Wow. Personally if I was a boss I wouldn't hire you just cuz i'd figure you wouldn't stay - so you have a valid fear there.

Late advice woulda been to put up with it another week or two and start looking for another job first.

Well, good luck to you zag.
34 huh? That's pretty impressive, not sure that it should be, but it is. I would love to leave soem wise words of advice here, but I'm on job 7 in about 5 or 6 years, with no life long career goals in sight. Way to go on the fuck you bit, all I usually do is not show up one day. There was only one that I wish I told off before I left, but I only worked weekends and it wasn't untill Friday afternoon that I knew I was quiting. There was also one that I felt bad about walking out on, I'll let that be a learning experience. Anyway, I'm sure if you keep your eyes and ears open you'll find something perfect. I never though working in a deli would be all that great, but it turns out that I love it. If only it payed more.
I'm sure that you'll find something better, and I wish you luck.
So much for my resolve.
As of 3:00 this afternoon I'm back to work for the same company. I'm still debating as to whether or not this is a wise move on my part...

Only time will tell.

I'm still scared at how good it felt to say "fuck you" to my boss.
Zagatto Wrote:So much for my resolve.
As of 3:00 this afternoon I'm back to work for the same company. I'm still debating as to whether or not this is a wise move on my part...

Only time will tell.

I'm still scared at how good it felt to say "fuck you" to my boss.

What? They took you back after that?
How in the hell did you get your job back? Give us the low down.
morgorath Wrote:How in the hell did you get your job back? Give us the low down.

They probally want to make his life a living hell.:eek:
Vicious Wrote:What? They took you back after that?

Man, maybe I should try that. :p
morgorath Wrote:How in the hell did you get your job back? Give us the low down.

The only thing I can think of is that they were desperate. They don't have an immediate replacement for Zag. Now the question is did Zag call them back or did they call Zag back. If they called him back, he's got the upper hand right now and can tell them that a few things need to change. If he called them back, he's done. They know he has no other alternatives and can do whatever they want to him right now.
Pages: 1 2