Import Anime Forums

Full Version: OMG R2 Howl's Moving Castle (shocked)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:eek:

Running Time: 119mins.
Data Format: DVD Video
NTSC Format
Layers: single-sided/dual-layered
Aspect Ratio(s): 16:9 LB Vista
Regional Encoding: 2
Color
Encoding: MPEG-2
Subtitles: English Japanese
Audio Track :
Japanese: Dolby Digital 2ch Stereo
Japanese: Dolby Digital 6.1ch Surround
English: Dolby Digital 5.1ch Surround

[Image: VWDZ-8076.jpg]

-cdjapan.co.jp out november 16th

ill be buying this, and probably be selling re-encoded region free versions for those who want it

as far as I know the R1 release is scheduled for a Q2 release next year
I had already seen this item on yesasia.com. Aside from this edition, a special edition will also be on sale, it will have english subtitles as well. What I'd like to know is if the extras are subtitled as well. All of the Asian special editions I own have subtitles on the movie but not on the extras. If that's the case I'll buy the French edition instead which will also be on sale in November. It will have english subtitles as well and the extras will at least be subtitled in French.
EDIT:

Three years after he sent the world abuzz with his smash hit "Spirited Away," acclaimed animation director Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli bring their latest masterpiece, "Howl's Moving Castle" to DVD. This two-disc set includes English subtitles. Development stills, theatrical trailers, and the digest version of the making-of footage including "Sekai no Howl," comments from the English voice actors and staff, and an interview with director Hayao Miyazaki. Discs are picture labeled.

At least you know some of it will be in english.
Liete Wrote:EDIT:

Three years after he sent the world abuzz with his smash hit "Spirited Away," acclaimed animation director Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli bring their latest masterpiece, "Howl's Moving Castle" to DVD. This two-disc set includes English subtitles. Development stills, theatrical trailers, and the digest version of the making-of footage including "Sekai no Howl," comments from the English voice actors and staff, and an interview with director Hayao Miyazaki. Discs are picture labeled.

At least you know some of it will be in english.

Yeah, but I'd like to be able to understand everything, especially that interview with Hayao Miyazaki.
Liete Wrote:-cdjapan.co.jp out november 16th

ill be buying this, and probably be selling re-encoded region free versions for those who want it

Chances are it'll be on the HK DVD circuit by the usual suspects before Christmas.
rugrats1 Wrote:Chances are it'll be on the HK DVD circuit by the usual suspects before Christmas.
Chances are this version will be re-compressed to dvd-5 causing significant quality loss to the extras or other parts of the dvd.
I can't wait to see this movie. I really love Miyazaki so this should be a no brainer.
I thought I was going to have to watch the movie on DVD only but fortunately it will premiere in movie theaters here next month. Both Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away premiered in movie theaters here so I'm glad Howl's Moving Castle isn't an exception. There's nothing like watching a movie in a movie theater! What pisses me off a bit is that it premiered in France in January and in the US in June (or July) so I don't understand why it took so long to get here! Oh well, better late than never!
I haven't been keeping up. Is this the first movie he's made since spirited away or has there been one in between?
elcoholic Wrote:I haven't been keeping up. Is this the first movie he's made since spirited away or has there been one in between?

No, this is the first one since Spirited Away.