Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Serenity!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just wondering how many of you will check out Serenity when it opens up on September 30th here in the states. For over a year now, I have let my friends borrow the Firefly TV series dvds and so far I have converted 35 people to the beauty that was Firefly. Anyway, just curious as to how many people on this board will go check out the movie? and how many people have you converted? If you still haven't seen or heard of Firefly I think the Sci-Fi channel has been re-airing the whole series this month.
I would've preferred that they make another season of Firefly, rather than a movie. But I suppose that'd be asking for too much, considering how much effort went into petitioning of it.
I will go see it on the opening day...

FOX IS EVIL.... canceled Firefly... canceled John Doe! ... wtf is are they thinking... guess they need more cash for things like Survivor crap...

those 2 shows were the first 2 shows in over 6 years that made me watch things regularly... oh well go figure... leave it to beaver..
JunkieJoe Wrote:I will go see it on the opening day...

FOX IS EVIL.... canceled Firefly... canceled John Doe! ... wtf is are they thinking... guess they need more cash for things like Survivor crap...

those 2 shows were the first 2 shows in over 6 years that made me watch things regularly... oh well go figure... leave it to beaver..

What the hell is John Doe? I recognize the title but that's about it and yes FOX IS VERY EVIL! They cancelled Unhappily Ever After
FOX can be evil, but they do good dvd releases. Just bought Space Above and Beyond. Been waiting for that for years. Very happy about that. Not happy it was cancelled in the first place though. =/
Ok I just noticed this[now that I actually look] but why is this in the Anime Discussion forum?
Space above and beyond was also canceled by Fox, so dont give them any credit for that show (to actually release it on DVD 5 years after they cancel it)

John Doe was a kick ass show about a guy who didnt know who he was but he practically KNEW everything... ask him where in the library is book so and so and he will tell u, ask him to spell out MS DOS in pure binary and he would do it... amazing show...
JunkieJoe Wrote:John Doe was a kick ass show about a guy who didnt know who he was but he practically KNEW everything... ask him where in the library is book so and so and he will tell u, ask him to spell out MS DOS in pure binary and he would do it... amazing show...

Has that been released? Sounds interesting.

I've never seen Firefly, but I've heard a lot about it... enough to convince me to someday rent it at least. Fox is a bunch of SOB's, they initially cancelled Family Guy,
JunkieJoe Wrote:Space above and beyond was also canceled by Fox, so dont give them any credit for that show (to actually release it on DVD 5 years after they cancel it)

John Doe was a kick ass show about a guy who didnt know who he was but he practically KNEW everything... ask him where in the library is book so and so and he will tell u, ask him to spell out MS DOS in pure binary and he would do it... amazing show...

Ah now I vaguely remember they the commercials from when they were advertising it.
dvd_master Wrote:Has that been released? Sounds interesting.

I've never seen Firefly, but I've heard a lot about it... enough to convince me to someday rent it at least. Fox is a bunch of SOB's, they initially cancelled Family Guy,
But at least we got it back!!! after awesome dvd's sales and how well it did on Cartoon Network.. its hard to match up and go after simpson's..
Robojack Wrote:I would've preferred that they make another season of Firefly, rather than a movie. But I suppose that'd be asking for too much, considering how much effort went into petitioning of it.

I think Whedon is done with TV, at least for a while. The cancelation of Angel really got to him, and yeah can you imagine how good Firefly could have been in later seasons? Fourteen episodes, never showing 3 of them (one of the episodes Fox never aired was the pilot, until after the series was cancelled) what in the hell was Fox thinking?!!! The only reason Fox brought back Family Guy, is because they saw the DVD sales, and how much Cartoon Network was making from it....so they sat around asking themselves; "Hey ain't we got the license for that there show still?" I'm not sure who is in charge of the shows, but man when they cancelled Futurama, I lost all respect for them. And hell yeah JJ, I was pissed when they cancelled John Doe!!! To make room for more so called reality TV shows. Ohh yeah I just realised I accidently put this in the anime section, damn these long hours at work!
You also got to take into account though that if it wasn't for Fox we wouldn't have these shows to bitch about being cancelled in the first place.

Yes, it sucks. It could be worse though. =P Now if only they'd bring back Futurama... Big Grin
if it wasnt for FOX, those shows would have went to other networks, like USA network etc etc... and those networks would have had the rights to those shows and would have been still on.

example is Dead Zone, awesome show, dont get to watch it on TV much but I do get all the dvd sets as they come out... if it was on FOX it would have been canceld mid first season (its up to 4th season now!)
You look at the type of shows that fox can release. John Doe, Fastlane, Firefly, Titus, Life on a Stick Freaky Links ect ect they have the ability to release shows that are good or have potential but they never really give a show a chance to gain an audience. John Doe and Firefly were prime examples of how the show sets you up for a second season with a cliff hanger and then the show gets cancelled, or how Firefly kept getting bounced from one time slot to the next and was on every other week almost which never really gave people a chance to take a liking to the show. Yeah and I have to admitt cancelling Family Guy was a real ???, it would of been like ABC all of a sudden pulling the plug on Lost
Yea damn you JJ you got me hooked on The Dead Zone but at least i get to watch it on USA Network along with The 4400.

Also wasn't it fox that fucked up One Piece? also did a little looking.. it looks like the dvd's that will be released will be released by Toei animation and not Fox..
http://www.animenation.com/d-op001.html

least thats what it says and everything else i can find on it.
Pages: 1 2 3