Import Anime Forums

Full Version: whats everyones take on these
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am going to do some shopping from the store here. I wanted to get everyones take on a few of the series I am considering right now, good/bad the usual. Here is the list

AD Police to serve and protect
Ikkitousen strength of a thousand
Neo RanGa
Submarine 707 Revolution
Vandread Complete Collection

I know little to nothing about these releases and don't mind taking a chance on something new to me, but still want to get a rough idea of what people think of these
I haven't seen it, but my friend DarkanX said that Neo Ranga was lame.

If you have seen Bubblegum Crisis, know that AD police is loosely related.

Dunno about the others.
IKKITOUSEN IS A KICK ASS ANIME!!! with lots of fanservice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^. VERY ENJOYABLE ^_^
I enjoyed Neo Ranga but it's definitely not for everyone. It's slow paced and extremely political but it also has a very interesting and complex story. The animation is great!
AD police is a good series and takes place in the bubblegum crisis universe. You can get the R1s for almost exactly the same price as the hk though.

Vandread is probably in my top 30 or so, good anime. Neo Ranga I enjoyed but it's mostly dialogue and odd situations with their giant pet monster, so a lotta people hate it.

Havn't seen the other two so can't help ya there. Thinking about trying out the Ikkitousen sets myself though.
I liked Neo Ranga. The first half about yakuza and politial conflicts was slow, but the second half definitely picked it up. Both action and humour got better. I especially liked the final battles between Ranga and all other gods. Those fights were reminiscent of evangelion.
So I am guessing with the shorter length of the episodes for Neo RanGa they put all 48 episodes on the perfect collection carried here?
Mantis421 Wrote:So I am guessing with the shorter length of the episodes for Neo RanGa they put all 48 episodes on the perfect collection carried here?

Yeah, FX's Neo Ranga has all of the 48 episodes but don't worry about the video, it's quite good. I wrote a review for this perfect collection, you can read it if you're interested in a more detailed evaluation.
I remember enjoying watching vandread. It's more on the romantic comedy side and even if there's mecha, it's not really a lot of mecha fighting action scenes. I was watching it more for the characters and wanting to know someone's going to hook up. Plot wise, can't really remember much of the details on it.. so if you're looking for a great mind boggling plot, this is not it.
Submarine 707 Revolution
Is a solid OVA tis good stuff and I liked it. Would be soemthing I would recomend, yes.

Vandread Complete Collection
This is an awsome series! Highly recomended! On my top 10 this one...
Definitely Vandread ! also heard Neo-ranga is a seven out of 10- have been tempted to buy it , but keep passing it up - for stuff i think might be better .