Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Something Messed up for you
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well curiosity had gotten the best of me and I checked the catagories and who had been nominated for all the video music awards on MTV I was dissapointed by what I saw and posted on their message board here is what the original post looked like

I have no interest in the VMA avards this year for a few reasons. First
were is the electronic videos. Last I checked Rave/Electronic is a
pretty big thing in itself. Is MTV not even wanting to let this music type
get its dues also. Which brings me to why is R&B, rap and Pop getting
listed as Dance videos. last I checked Dance music is BT, Oakenfold,
Euro dance. Lastly why isn't international video's even have a catagory?
Just makes you think that MTV no longer is for all listeners and viewers
but just pop and top 40

When I checked my e-mail this morning I got a message from MTV that said my post had been deleted because it broke MTV message board rules and regulations. What up with that.
You pointed out why they suck, they probably have a rules against bashing them on their own forum.

I stopped watching MTV years ago. Fuse was good, but now all they wanna play is crappy "alturnitive" music. Which means the band either screams like a bunch of retards, or they wear heavy eye liner.
Most tv sucks nowadays, I stopped watching mtv... oh wait I never watched it in the first place. I would say that from the 300 someodd cable channels I get I watch about 4 or 5. Most channels are run by large corporations that are only going to target the demographic thats going to make them the most money, stupid whiney young teens who buy whatever crap some large corporation tells them to so they fit in to what society says is cool and mainstream.
Sorry for the mini-rant.
Mantis421 Wrote:Well curiosity had gotten the best of me and I checked the catagories and who had been nominated for all the video music awards on MTV I was dissapointed by what I saw and posted on their message board here is what the original post looked like

I have no interest in the VMA avards this year for a few reasons. First
were is the electronic videos. Last I checked Rave/Electronic is a
pretty big thing in itself. Is MTV not even wanting to let this music type
get its dues also. Which brings me to why is R&B, rap and Pop getting
listed as Dance videos. last I checked Dance music is BT, Oakenfold,
Euro dance. Lastly why isn't international video's even have a catagory?
Just makes you think that MTV no longer is for all listeners and viewers
but just pop and top 40

When I checked my e-mail this morning I got a message from MTV that said my post had been deleted because it broke MTV message board rules and regulations. What up with that.
MTV...sucks, enough said.

AQs for the VMA's, why the hell does a shit band like Green Day win everything? American Idiot had some ok songs, but nothing to deserve all of the praise it gets....grrr :mad: :p .
geo85 Wrote:Most tv sucks nowadays, I stopped watching mtv... oh wait I never watched it in the first place. I would say that from the 300 someodd cable channels I get I watch about 4 or 5. Most channels are run by large corporations that are only going to target the demographic thats going to make them the most money, stupid whiney young teens who buy whatever crap some large corporation tells them to so they fit in to what society says is cool and mainstream.
Sorry for the mini-rant.

Well that is true TV sucks hundred of channels and still nothing on....MTVs also one of the worst..
onizuka17711 Wrote:MTV...sucks, enough said.

AQs for the VMA's, why the hell does a shit band like Green Day win everything? American Idiot had some ok songs, but nothing to deserve all of the praise it gets....grrr :mad: :p .

I like green day (their music) but I hate the band. Not only is their newest cd their worst music but it irritates me personally because it's too political. Same with system of a down, but their newest cd has some pretty good music on it. byob irritates the crap outta me.
I lost all respect for MTV when they started airing Jackass and The Osbourne's. I just couldn't believe that every adolescent was attracted to a show where guys do idiotic stunts and another show where every other word uttered was a vulgarity. MTV sucked then and it sucks now. Thank God I have anime.
Jackass and viva la bam are actually the only shows I think i've ever watched on mtv willingly. =P Jackass is mostly stupid with a few funny moments. Viva la bam is a good show.

I guess I like em cuz my friends and I used to do crazy shit like that all the time just cuz we were bored. We still do sometimes. The shows sometimes give us ideas. =P

We don't ignore the do not do this at home warning though. We're usually somewhere else at the time. :p
I think the last time I had been a regular viewer of MTV was when they still had the show Liquid Television on every week. Celeberty Deathmatch and The Maxx were not even shows that were in existance no one knew who Tom Green or Johnny Knoxville were. There was only one MTV TV station and it did play music videos still, and MTV was still more then teenie bop top 40. My how the network went down the drain in less then 10 years
Liquid Television was a fine show. It was really strange, and I liked it.
Cidien Wrote:I guess I like em cuz my friends and I used to do crazy shit like that all the time just cuz we were bored. We still do sometimes. The shows sometimes give us ideas. =P

I know the feeling. Did you ever get Dirty Sanchez over in the USA? It's a Welsh Jackass type show (hate having to compare it to Jackass as it's so much more!) and the stunts are sick! Might have too much nudity for the USA though I heard that censorship is quite strict. Try dl it if you can.
Yeah, I'm glad I'm not in that group of friends. Their 'practical jokes' can cripple someone for life. Plus you see dicks wiggling arround half the show. I can watch everything jackass made but Sanchez I have to turn of atleast a few seconds per ep. That group makes the Jackass guys look like boyscouts.

I thought it was weird mtv showed them especially with the warning they give before a jackass show that you should not send in your own movies and then they accept those morons.
I stopped listening to green day after insomniac, like most music for the past few years it all sounds the same. They all take themselves way too seriously like theyre hot s**t, and most of all if you ever stopped to listen to the lyrics chances are you would stop listening to them and wonder why you ever did.

Take that clay aken moron for example, all the girls love him, they all play his crap, how the hell did his song get so popular, listen to the lyrics, if I was invisible I would make you mine tonight, I would watch you in your room, WTF the guys some stalker rapist and they all love the song, WTF.
Yeah i stopped watching the video music awards in 1999 the last good ones were 1997 that i saw i don't know how the rest has been but yeah.... i mean i'll catch 10 mins of it every year ussually then be like OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!

then change the channel

I used to like VH1 but after MTV bought them out it became useless.......
elcoholic Wrote:I thought it was weird mtv showed them especially with the warning they give before a jackass show that you should not send in your own movies and then they accept those morons.

They were going before Jackass aired as they are pro skaters. MTV saw their skate vids they made and offered them a show. The dvd's are so hard to track down, i've been looking for ages. They're ment to be ALOT worse than anything on Sanchez.