Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Downloading anime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I started using a program called azureus and bittorrents a while ago to download anime. I like to download my anime first before i buy it so i don't buy a series that is a waste of my money. But my problem as been finding some good sites with plenty of seeders. If any body knows of some good sites please post some replys on this thread.
schonebubben Wrote:I started using a program called azureus and bittorrents a while ago to download anime. I like to download my anime first before i buy it so i don't buy a series that is a waste of my money. But my problem as been finding some good sites with plenty of seeders. If any body knows of some good sites please post some replys on this thread.
My personal fovorites are:
boxtorrents.com
animesuki.net
scarywater.net
hongfire.net

There are plenty of other good ones if you just search on google.
tokyotosho.com is the best, yes downloading Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 44 by SEED fansubs
www.mininova.org and www.thepiratebay.com while isn't strickly anime does have alot of anime specially older releases too..
Again, IRC is king, since there's no n00bs and idiots trying to leech anime with a click of a button, which leaves plenty of bandwidth for those of us who don't mind typing our commands. Speeds are fast, usually I'm watching my downloads within half an hour or less. There's a reason why most fansub groups release episodes on IRC bots first, before maybe seeding to BT. Big Grin
IRC was king.. easier and i get downloads in about 30 mins specially new One Piece releases.
RSS feeds + Azurues = Gold
Even Azurues still requires someone to host it, usually someone who first downloaded the file off of IRC.
Or the people that have released it on IRC also.. I.E. K-f for one example and all the groups that release on scarywater.net all they have to do is on there fast connections setup a bittorrent client and then run from there which most probably do too.
If K-F stands for Kaizoku Fansubs, they're one of the smaller groups that can't afford fast connections for their bots. It's more in their benefit to do a BT-intensive initial release. Groups such as AnimeonE, Anime-Empire, Lunaranime, Anime-Kraze and Shinsen-subs all have more than enough bots for everyone to get a quick download from pending release. BT is a slower, cheaper alternative, but its speed is lacking, compared to bots running on 100Mbit or edu connections. Anyway, Kaizoku-fansubs is barely even subbing anything new at the moment, and I'm sure people wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer for One Piece eps. Just checked, Kaizoku does have bots, and there are fast bots on IRC that host Kaizoku One Piece subs, besides the ones on the K-F channel.

If you're happy with BT, then you should stay there. The last thing IRC channels need are more BT users who stumbles around, asking how to download, and complaining that it's 'too hard to use' because there's no magic links that'll automatically commence their download.
I don't watch much else but i do know K-F's One Pieces are in high demand as they are the only decent group subbing it constantly. I used to do the IRC thing and i find it more convient using Bittorrent then doing IRC transfers anyday.. Especially since i can automate it to a degree.. Also i do have a FTP server with fast downloads if i want anything immediatly that i want.. but nothing really wanted cept for One Piece..

Also note i still have to go onto IRC to get my Xbox Program Compiles and i still hate doing that..
If ussing bittorent you should try to join a site for which you need an invite. Those sites keep track of your ratio and kick out leechers who don't seed enough. Result is everyone keeps seeding and speeds are max. all the time. After 1 day there's always are more seeders than leechers.

I'm sure IRC is good but you clearly have had some troubles with bittorent. The sites I use get the new releases as one of the first (not anime but everything else). I've had nothing but max. speeds since I joined them. No reason to learn another method.
I don't like to share, nor do many people who use IRC for their anime downloads. Aside from the fact that most torrents are public and poorly seeded, most of us rather keep our upload and system resources free for other purposes. Being forced to share stinks, which is why IRC has been king for over a decade, as those who want to share are welcome to, but it's not a necessity. It's been written off by the entertainment industry as an 'obsolete chatting software', while BT is currently being targetted by industries worldwide.
Robojack,
I'm surprised that you say "most of us" when talking about not uploading. I'm part of two different invite only communities and both of them have very little trouble with people keeping their share ratios high. Most of the people I click on have well over a 2:1 share ratio and the torrents I can pick from are almost all well seeded. With the rare torrent that I find that goes dead all I have to do is make a request and I find a handfull of people re-seeding within the day.

So... if you're selfish or lazy then please don't drag other people down with you as a form of justifying your own behaviour. It's the fact that people share that makes the torrent communities rock and your attitude only reinforces the invitation only system in my eyes.
Zagatto, when I said 'most of us', I meant most of us 'who use IRC'. It wasn't meant to include the BT community. If you look on most channels, the leeching to serving ratio is often times around 100:3. We use IRC because we don't have to share in order to get files, plus fansub groups release on IRC first before distributed files anywhere else. And yes, I'm being selfish in a way, but I also need to consider other people in my house, who also use the connection while I'm downloading and when I'm not. It'd be selfish for me to leave BT on to degrade our connection, when I could've already downloaded the file off of IRC, with no strings attached.
I don't understand that. It doesn't matter if your dl-ing full speed from BT or IRC does it? Your bandwith is used up for the same time anyways. And who in your house would need just upload bandwith and no download?

I don't even know how IRC works but I asume you get the files from a really fast server if the ratio is 100:3.

I really don't mind uploading. My pc is on anyways wile I'm downloading and why let the bandwith go to waste.
Pages: 1 2