Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Naruto Cast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well Viz has released info on the cast and for some reason they had Brianne SIDDALL (outlaw star, .hack//sign) as the voice of naruto and now they changed it to Maile Flanagan (????)
here is a pic im not kidding either check out the site animenewsnetwork.com

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/0281068/imdb.JPG

there are like 14 total VA's listed:
Kate Higgins as Sakura

Maile Flanagan as Naruto

Yuri Lowenthal as Sasuke

Dave Wittenberg as Kakashi

Stephanie Sheh as Hinata Hyuuga

Cindy Robinson as Tsunami

Colleen O'Shaughnessey as
Ino Yamanaka
Konohamaru

Doug Ehrholtz as Asuma

Fred Tatasciore as Gato

Kirk Thornton as Tazuna

Quinton Flynn as Iruka

Robbie Rist as Choji

Steve Kramer as Hokage

Steven Blum as Zabuza

Tom Gibbas as Shikamaru

i hope it turns out good ...

-LE
That guy better have an amazing voice cause he is one ugly wanker.
I don't want to scare you any more than you already are blight but that "ugly wanker" is actually a woman (apparently). WTF is viz thinking about!!!
Arachnid Wrote:I don't want to scare you any more than you already are blight but that "ugly wanker" is actually a woman (apparently).

OMG, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. That's priceless.
That's definitely a woman. It doesn't surprise me much since the Japanese VA who lends her voice to Naruto is also a woman.
Arachnid Wrote:I don't want to scare you any more than you already are blight but that "ugly wanker" is actually a woman (apparently). WTF is viz thinking about!!!

Holy Shit your right...That's one ugly woman looked like a dude to me...
Arachnid Wrote:I don't want to scare you any more than you already are blight but that "ugly wanker" is actually a woman (apparently). WTF is viz thinking about!!!

HOLY SHIT WTF!!! Forget it, I waited all this time to see it dubbed for this shit? Well, I'm off to DL some subs now, stupid viz dumb fucks.
hahaha, it's messed up, i understand how sometimes a japanese women VA can work out (looking at Rurouni Kenshin) but it just wouldn't work in English, thats why they have Richard Hayworth with his softer sounding voice. Why not just get some guy with a softer sounding voice instead of a Beast... sorry WOMAN!
First, woman voice actors can work. Go watch Steamboy. Do you guys even realize Ray is voiced by Anna Paquin? (rogue from xmen)

Second, unless this has been changed recently I read an interview with the guy who chose the voice actors a while ago and the voice actor for Naruto was most definitely a guy voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch. Kakashi also was/is supposed to be voiced by Steven Jay Blum which I was excited about. Don't know where he got his voice actor list but every single site i've been to has the same voice actors listed as i've seen before...
Cidien Wrote:First, woman voice actors can work. Go watch Steamboy. Do you guys even realize Ray is voiced by Anna Paquin? (rogue from xmen)

Second, unless this has been changed recently I read an interview with the guy who chose the voice actors a while ago and the voice actor for Naruto was most definitely a guy voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch. Kakashi also was/is supposed to be voiced by Steven Jay Blum which I was excited about. Don't know where he got his voice actor list but every single site i've been to has the same voice actors listed as i've seen before...

On animenewsnetwork.com the following can be read:

Quote:Naruto Cast (2005-08-25 01:58:33)
Some fake cast listings for Naruto, including Matt Damon as Orochimaru, have been floating around the Internet. Viz has provided us with the proper English cast listing, which can be seen here.

Then you can see that the English cast is:

Kate Higgins as Sakura
Maile Flanagan as Naruto
Yuri Lowenthal as Sasuke
Dave Wittenberg as Kakashi
Stephanie Sheh as Hinata Hyuuga
Cindy Robinson as Tsunami

Colleen O'Shaughnessey as
Ino Yamanaka
Konohamaru

Doug Ehrholtz as Asuma
Fred Tatasciore as Gato
Kirk Thornton as Tazuna
Quinton Flynn as Iruka
Robbie Rist as Choji
Steve Kramer as Hokage
Steven Blum as Zabuza
Tom Gibbas as Shikamaru
Yep i saw it on animenewsnetwork too, it's a shame, as Jonny young Bosch would have been perfect for the part of Naruto! Granted there are many good VA's in the current list Steve Blum and Sparky Thornton in particular but that Woman playing Naruto... i just sigh**~~
I know CN had some commercial with a brief Naruto part it but the voice of Naruto was truly HORRIBLE...
Puppet Master Wrote:I know CN had some commercial with a brief Naruto part it but the voice of Naruto was truly HORRIBLE...

I'll have to look out for that. Does anyone else see the irony of Naruto being snatched from the hands of the anime molesters known as 4 Kids Entertainment, just to have it's main character brutalized by a different company?
Blight Wrote:I'll have to look out for that. Does anyone else see the irony of Naruto being snatched from the hands of the anime molesters known as 4 Kids Entertainment, just to have it's main character brutalized by a different company?

Yeah anime fans are truly cursed.
Blight Wrote:I'll have to look out for that. Does anyone else see the irony of Naruto being snatched from the hands of the anime molesters known as 4 Kids Entertainment, just to have it's main character brutalized by a different company?

It will still be better though. A bunch of twelve year olds doing voice work from their closet could do about the same as 4kids does...
Pages: 1 2